Did you mean: 
yassineryo
Paper Tape
Views: 21,977
Message 1 of 15

Lenovo Ideapad 100 15IBD Ram upgrade

Hi !

i need to know if i can upgrade Ram to 8Gb i it possible

My Specs : Intel core i3 2.0Ghz . Intel HD Graphic 5500 . Ram 4Gb ( see attachment )

lenovo 1.png 

Please i need to know ( if ) i can upgrade ram or no + what ram type i can use for upgrade ( if i can upgrade it )

My Regards .

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 21,915
Message 2 of 15

Re: Lenovo Ideapad 100 15IBD Ram upgrade

According to the platform specifications linked below, you can have up to 8GB max / 1600MHz DDR3L, non-parity RAM but to know for sure it would help if you provided exact Machine Type Model (MTM) number of your system.     

Do not however, post your serial number publicly.

http://psref.lenovo.com/syspool/Sys/PDF/Lenovo%20Laptops/ideapad%20100%20(15_)/ideapad_100_15IBY_15I...

I would download a free program called RamMon that will show you more details on the RAM you currently have installed, and what slots are used/available to add more.

Cheers,

yassineryo
Paper Tape
Views: 21,849
Message 3 of 15

System model (MTM) : 80QQ

Ram Slots : 2 (1 used) ( see attachement )

i want to add 2Gb ram (total 6Gb) i dont need 8Gb Max ram ( to avoid memory problem ) processor will overheat that what i think . now i can add 1  2GB ram stick without any future problem ? 

lenovo3.jpgusing : task manager (win 10 x64)lenovo 2.jpgusing : Dxdiag

Thanks in advance Smiley Happy (sorry for my bad english) 

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 21,838
Message 4 of 15

Adding 4GB of RAM will not make your processor overheat, in fact it might reduce HD usage and result in less heat, so don't worry about that.    If adding 4GB of is in the budget, that would be better as it will allow the memory to run in dual channel mode, which definitely provides some performance advantages if you are seeking better performance.

I forgot to ask what version of Windows you are running, and whether it is 32-bit or 64-bit, because you will need to have a 64-bit version to see RAM over 4GB.   Most likely it is 64-bit, but you should check.

How to determine whether a computer is running a 32-bit version or 64-bit version of the Windows operating system

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/827218/how-to-determine-whether-a-computer-is-running-a-32-...

Best of Luck, .

yassineryo
Paper Tape
Views: 21,826
Message 5 of 15

i'm using Windows 10 x64 bit , i'm asking about problem while adding ram because my friend's laptop was bricked when he added 1gb ram to his laptop , anyway i'll try to add another 4Gb Ram and thanks for help ^^

lenovo4.jpg

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 21,817
Message 6 of 15

I do not know what your friend did while adding ram that would brick the computer, but just make sure to follow the proper instructions as shown in the Hardware Maintenance Manual for your system when installing the RAM, and be gentle and do not force anything.     

Note:  Be very careful to keep track of which screws go where, because they are not all the same thread size/length and using the wrong screw can cause major problems.   The hardware maintenance manual lists the proper screw size and length for each part, so make sure you not put a 8mm screw where a 3mm screw is called for etc.     I like to use a piece of masking tape etc. to attach the screws to the part they secure.    And while you may not need to remove the battery to access the RAM slot, you might want to unplug it while working inside the laptop..

I think that the video below is applicable to your model, or at least close.

Lenovo Ideapad 100 Laptop : How to disassemble and upgrade ram hdd battery keyboard easy diy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgZPVJ7xSNg

Cheers,

yassineryo
Paper Tape
Views: 21,800
Message 7 of 15

I've watched a lot of videos , but i see just 1 ram slot , not 2 slots as windows task manager said , 

+ whats kind of ram i will use ( 1 stick 8Gb ) i can use another ram manufactor like Kingston ? or no

Thanks 

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 21,798
Message 8 of 15

There is 4GB of RAM soldered on the motherboard, so the one slot should be empty.

Cheers, 

Amjad96gt
Paper Tape
Views: 15,561
Message 9 of 15

my version is 64-bit and i want to upgrade my RAM and when i open my laptop and did see only one and the Task Manager he told me i have 2 Slots and i opened again and i didnt found it can you show were exactly were is the another in pictrues . 

the RAM is full becasue i opening Browser . 

Can you please showw in pictures where is the RAM according to my Task Manager . 

the reason why i need to upgrade my RAM because i'm working on programs like java C++ and etc. when i do any project my memory is full and give me sometimes crash.

what i do should do i buy 8GB or i upgrade the RAM ? 

Amjad96gt
Paper Tape
Views: 15,559
Message 10 of 15

my laptop is Lenovo ideapad 100 15IBD
CPU intel core i5 -5200U 2.20GHz
GPU Nivada GeForce 920m 2GB
Memory hynix/Hyndai 4 GB

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors