Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lilroach
Paper Tape
Views: 4,455
Message 1 of 5

Lenovo Ideapad 100: Battery Removal

Hello, I'm having problems with my battery removal. As my title shows, I have a Lenovo ideapad 100, and I am supposed to be sending it off for repairs. For my issue, I need to take the battery out because it's not part of the problem; however, I can't get it out. I read on here to take the base off, but when trying to do that, it seems that it's breaking the inner clips keeping it attached. I don't want to keep breaking these off just to pay for them to be repaired later on. Is there a simpler way to take this base off? 

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 4,435
Message 2 of 5

Re: Lenovo Ideapad 100: Battery Removal

Good day.

Looking at one example hardware manual for the system (100-14IBD): https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles_pub/ideapad_100_14_ibd_hmm_201602.pdf the battery is not considered customer replaceable (see page 61, item 12). Therefore, my recommendation is to leave it installed. Is there any specific reason you want to remove it (at the risk of clip breakage or other damage)?

Regards.

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

I am not a Lenovo employee.

lilroach
Paper Tape
Views: 4,431
Message 3 of 5

Thanks for the reply! The reasoning behind me trying to get to it was because in my instructions of shipping it off for repairs, I was supposed to take the battery out. 

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 4,427
Message 4 of 5

Those might be generic instructions. In the case of your machine, you may want to contact Service to confirm, but my feeling is that it doesn't apply for batteries considered non-user-removable.

Regards.

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

I am not a Lenovo employee.

lilroach
Paper Tape
Views: 4,424
Message 5 of 5

Okay, thank you very much!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors