Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ak_47
Paper Tape
Views: 398
Message 1 of 1

Lenovo Ideapad 100s-14IBR - Bricked?

Hi All,

First off thank you for this community it's been incredibly helpful.

I think I may have bricked my 100s-14IBR and need some advice. I received this laptop secondhand from a family member and being computer savvy (or at least so I thought) I wanted to make it my own and install Windows 7 Pro on it.

So let's get started.

Bios Settings

Secure Boot: Disabled

Boot Priority: Legacy Support

Boot Priority: Legacy First

USB Boot:Enabled

- Booting from USB with Windows 7 iso created using Rufus - "MBR partition for scheme UEFI"

- File system was FAT32

So I am able to boot from USB, load DISKPART via W7 cmd promptclean the HDD, convert to MBR from GPTwipe all partitions clean, format them into one partition (instead of the original four), and install Windows 7 (although painstaking slow). Immediately upon first boot I get BSOD and following that I begin bootlooping in to the Windows Advanced Options menu giving me the option to boot into Safe Mode, Last Known Good Configuration, etc.

Safe Mode Fails, Start Windows Normally Fails, and Last Known Good Configuration takes me back to the BSOD.

So, I threw up my hands and decided to re-install Windows 10. However, now the system doesn't act like it wants to boot to Windows 10 from USB stick. I simply keep geeting a boot loop into Windows Advanced Options Menu.

Have I bricked my device? I can still enter the BIOS and the Boot Menu via the Novo button. However, no matter how much I fiddle with those, I cannot get it to boot from USB.

I read another thread (here) that warns about wiping all partitions and is related to WIMBoot-enabled devices.

This is my first time messing with GPT partitions and clean installing anything other than Windows 7 and prior.

Thanks in advance for any help booting back into Windows 10 install.

Best,

-ak

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors