Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alan_Hach
Paper Tape
Views: 5,330
Message 1 of 45

Lenovo Ideapad 100s Bitlocker Recovery Key

Hi, I have ideapad 100s which was suddenly unaccessable and requesting me to enter Bitlocker recovery key to access it. I've done all the suggested steps everywhere. and the recovery key that I could retrieve dosn't work as it seems that it is for another laptop that I have.

I did not turn on the bitlocker option at all. this incedent happened after a normal widows update.

I have contacted Microsoft for that and they informed me that this is due to a BIOS update which forced the bitlocker to be on. they said that I need to contact Lenovo to role back the BIOS update or restore the old built of my BIOS.

I appreciat any advise to resolve this issue as the laptop is useless now.

Thanks

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 5,165
Message 2 of 45

Re: Lenovo Ideapad 100s Bitlocker Recovery Key

Hello Alan! Welcome to our forums community. Could you provide to us the exact model of your Ideapad 100s so we could check the BIOS details and see if we can get an older version of it? And also, could you send to us the BIOS version on your laptop. Let us know.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

vibe25
What's DOS?
Views: 5,115
Message 3 of 45

Hi there I have the same problem with my daughters ideapad

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 5,104
Message 4 of 45

Hi! 

Here's a reference guide on how to find the Bitlocker key for the computer https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht502684

Regards,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Alan_Hach
Paper Tape
Views: 5,074
Message 5 of 45

Hi Jwes,

Thanks for your reply. I have listed the laptop details below:

Lenovo Ideapad 100S-11BY

Model Name: 80R2

MO:YDN0B5A05002

Thanks.

Alan_Hach
Paper Tape
Views: 5,073
Message 6 of 45

Hi Jerry,

Thanks for the link. 

Unfortunately, I cannot access the system in order to recover the key (if there is one). I am stuck in with the recovery key entry screen with no access to windows, files, start......etc. that is why I appreciate a solution that allows me to bypass this step and log into the system.

regards

vibe25
What's DOS?
Views: 5,036
Message 7 of 45

Hi there

I never created a BitLocker recovery key, but thinking there is a probability of  a recovery key i logged into my daughters Microsoft account and there is no Bitlocker recovery key found.

I cant factory reset the laptop or do anything with it.

I think maybe myself and Alan are experiencing the same issue.

Any help would be much appreciated

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 5,029
Message 8 of 45

Could you try the 2 different version of your BIOS below.Don't forget to read the text file before installing.
https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles/e2cn13ww.exe (https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles/e2cn13ww.txt)
or
https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles/e2cn12ww.exe (https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles/e2cn12ww.txt)

Update us how did it goes.

Regards

Alan_Hach
Paper Tape
Views: 5,019
Message 9 of 45

Hi Jwes,

Thanks for the links. Is there any way to install the BIOS without having to log in to windows (from flash memory for example) as I am unable to access windows. I can only access the first screen recovery key entry screen similar to the one below.

Even skipping the drive will take me to the troubleshoot/reset page. I’ve already tried all options but when restarting it will take me again to the first page.

Thanks

image.jpgI stopped in this page

Davenham2018
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,763
Message 10 of 45

Hi I am experiencing the same problems with my Lenovo Ideapad 100s-11BY. Did the solution offered provide an answer to your problem re by-passing the Bitlocker screen?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors