Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alan_Hach
Paper Tape
Views: 1,225
Message 21 of 45

Re: Lenovo Ideapad 100s Bitlocker Recovery Key

What Lenovo are doing is ridiculous.

I am at Lenovo service center, and they have just informed me that this is an issue with the motherboard which will need replacement and I have to pay for that replacement.

I informed them that I did not ask to update my BIOS and screw up the laptop, their answer was that this is a common issue and that us how they are dealing with it as they consider it a hardware issue.

This is not acceptable from lenovo and very cheap way to force the customers to pay for replacement parts

Davenham2018
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,212
Message 22 of 45

I do not understand how a BIOS update from Microsoft should result in the poor owner of a Lenovo Ideapad being asked to pay for a new motherboard!

if you took your car in for a service and the garage put in the wrong engine oil and ruined the engine, you would not be expected to pay for a new one. 

Surely this is a matter for Microsoft and Lenovo. It seems that this is a issue for the BBC series "Rip off Britain"?

Davenham2018
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,210
Message 23 of 45

Hi, no l have not received any further responses since my last notification. Looking at the other questions on the forum there must be quite a number of other users who have the same issue with Bitlocker locking them out of their Lenovo Ideapad 100s following a Microsoft update.

you would think that Lenovo would take notice of this and issue an update on their webpages stating how users of their equipment should get around this problem as it seems to have been going on for a long time.

SurlyOne
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,199
Message 24 of 45

I have the same issue in Australia where a Lenovo 100S that was fine before the most resent Microsoft update yesterday has became unusable after. The laptop is currently at a tech store but they seem unable to remedy the fault, I fear it is gone.

SurlyOne
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,169
Message 25 of 45

Well, it seems that Lenovo have been aware of this issue for awhile and have failed to address it.

Watty46
Paper Tape
Views: 998
Message 26 of 45

Has anyone had any success resetting their Ideapad?  I have created a boot USB disk (not bothered about data just want a working laptop back again) but that is not working either.

Watty46
Paper Tape
Views: 997
Message 27 of 45

Hello I have reached this part of the process as well and still no success I was wondering if you have found a solution or have thrown the laptop in the bin (which I am sorely tempted to do at this time).  Many thanks

SurlyOne
Fanfold Paper
Views: 991
Message 28 of 45

My 100s was taken to computer tech. I don't know how but they reinstalled windows 10 and I lost everything all apps ,files ect.

Very disappionted with the situation.

mc1255
Fanfold Paper
Views: 951
Message 29 of 45

bjr
j ai Le même probleme avec  Mon  IdeaPad 100s 11iby.il me demande cle bitlocker  que je te n ai pas . Trouvé j ai informations Comme.
id de la clé: 0B4FEC66
nom du lecteur: laptop-7K5VDSAA windows 22/03/2016

English translation......

bjr
I have the same problem with My IdeaPad 100s 11iby.il ask me bitlocker that I do not have you. Found i have information like.
id of the key: 0B4FEC66
Name of the reader: laptop-7K5VDSAA windows 22/03/2016

Mod's Edit: Google translated for benefit of English readers.
Since this is an English forum, please post in English as it will ensure a better response. Thanks!

Mod's Edit: Google traduit pour le bénéfice des lecteurs anglais.
Comme il s’agit d’un forum en anglais, postez-le en anglais, car cela assurera une meilleure réponse. Merci!

LBow
What's DOS?
Views: 895
Message 30 of 45

I have tried it all... can't get past the bitlocker key which I don't have never knew I had it. What's more I didn't set my 100 up on my Microsoft account... I didn't even know anything about a MSF account... don't really know it existed when I bought my 80R2.  So, Lenovo, if you are listening please help us all out and come up with a fix other than replacing the hard dide.

Thanks in advance

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors