Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RAE11
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,044
Message 31 of 45

Re: Lenovo Ideapad 100s Bitlocker Recovery Key

I have the exact same bit locker recovery key issue that Alan has had. Occurred after a Win 10 update end of Oct 2018. I can not recover bit locker key. MS account does not have one on file after I tried the MS option. Laptop stays struck on blue screens ( Enter bit locker recovery key)

My other question is "how"do you apply the 2 different version of BIOS in the links you provide below since I can not get past the blue screen bit loocker "enter the recovery key to get going again" ...go to use a device ...no USB boot option on idea pad.

Hi Jwes,

My Idea Pad laptop are the same as Alan's except my idea pad  MO is YDN0B6307002

Lenovo Ideapad 100S-11BY

Model Name: 80R2

MO:

RAE11
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,040
Message 32 of 45

I just posted same bit locker recovery issue with Lenovo 100S  and had pretty much tried all the Forum recco's. No luck as yet. My issue started after a MS Win 10 update night of October 25th 2018. Tried MS service center by chat & days later managed to reach a person on phone ( hours) ...no luck - but mentioned they ( MS) were looking into this issue. No follow up provided after repeated attempts & emails back to MS.  Lenovo Service no help. I had just exceeded 2 year warranty. I went back to Best Buy - where I had purchased. They will re-image ( wipe) windows 10 - clean slate approach, losing all data. $225 ...which was about the purchase price of the Idea Pad. .....I have not done the re-image and just have the useless Lenovo. I agree with others on Forum - this should not be a consumer issue. A win update (unsolicted) should not render our ideas pads in-op. Lenovo on other hand with all plug & play ( no manual) ...no explicit warning to record "bit -Locker recovery key & if you do not you will loose all data.. I had never even heard of a bit locker recovery key until Oct 25th 2018 & have been using PC' devices (DOS/MAC) since 1989 ...It would be great if Lenovo would step forward and recognize this issue and work out a joint solution with MS and provide a recall. This is pretty widespread.  My thanks to all the Forum members and also the Lenovo techs trying to lend assistance.

j12345
Paper Tape
Views: 905
Message 33 of 45

We are also dealing with the same issue. My dad asked me to look at his laptop because he couldn't log in anymore. He never enabled bitlocker nor has he used a microsoft account.

This will be very bad if his data is locked away by Lenovo and Microsoft because he took videos of older family members recounting old family memories and they have since passed.

MS/Lenovo, please fix your issue, that's not fair to force an update that locks people away from their data and then ask them to pay for a fix.

Ali76
What's DOS?
Views: 824
Message 34 of 45

Hi, I have the same problem on my ideapad, it says the key id is FF6B688A, and the drive label LAPTOP-Q106E4LH Windows 05/11/2016, could you please help me out with this.

Thank you 

t1066
What's DOS?
Views: 806
Message 35 of 45

I had the same problem yesterday. The reason turned out to be that I had reset the BIOS. And the storage controller changed from AHCI mode to raid mode. Changed it back to AHCI mode in the BIOS solved my problem.

j12345
Paper Tape
Views: 793
Message 36 of 45

Does your BIOS allow you to switch AHCI to raid? Mine has very few options.
Under configuration tab:

Admin password/user password.

Secure Boot.

Reset to setup mode.

Restore Factory Keys

Hotkey Mode

BIOS Black Flash.

These are the only options I have.

t1066
What's DOS?
Views: 784
Message 37 of 45

Sorry, I was on a Dell Inspiron when I got my problem. I had no idea that Lenovo would hide all the advanced BIOS options.

Davenham2018
Fanfold Paper
Views: 709
Message 38 of 45

Following guidance from previous forums re-installing Windows 10 from a bootable usb appears to be a solution. 

The first hurdle however was that when l tried to re install Windows 10 l had an error message that the drive needs to be NFAT formatted.

Does any-one have instructions on how l can do this in the BIOS settings as obviously l cannot access the control panel?

Alan_Hach
Paper Tape
Views: 691
Message 39 of 45

The problem is that it is not allowing me to boot from USB. The boot options are disabled and only I can boot from the Windows

papahorse2004
What's DOS?
Views: 486
Message 40 of 45

I have the same problem.  Can't get past the Bitlocker id screen to apply ANY of the suggested fixes.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors