Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stellarboy0629
What's DOS?
Views: 4,477
Message 1 of 4

Lenovo Ideapad 100s microSD card slot not working

Hello.

I have a Lenovo ideapad 100s - 80R2 that I just bought a few years ago. The device is running Windows 10 Home, build 1511.

I have recently bought a Sandisk 32GB microSDHC card for use of the built-in microSD card slot of the device.

When I tried to insert the card into the slot, there was not "Hardware Insert" notification sound coming out of Windows. I thought the card wasn't working. When I managed to insert the card into a USB microSD card reader, the system was able to detect the card, so it means it's working fine, but the microSD card isn't.

I tried to find any updates for the SD card controller of the device, but it says it's already the latest version.

Any help?

gjf60
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,673
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo Ideapad 100s microSD card slot not working

Im having exactly the same problem    Did you find a solution ?

gjf60
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,384
Message 3 of 4

Does anyone know what I can try I am still having the same problem.  Ive tried everything I can by googling the problem. 

gjf60
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,059
Message 4 of 4

Update

My retailer advised me to send back and get repaired under warranty.  Came back with internal card reader working saying they replaced the main board.   Just as well I did a backup image before as it came back in initial state.

Had a few problems restoring the backup image with windows 10.   You need to boot up using the system repair disk offered when you make the backup using an external writer/player and just before you click to restore yank out the USB lead otherwise you get an error code.  I got all this info from googling.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors