cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sing4kristen
What's DOS?
Views: 29,235
Message 1 of 4

Lenovo Ideapad 110-15Ibr Upgrading RAM Possible??

I have seen several posts for units with similar product numbers, but I can't find this exact machine anywhere in reference to upgrading the RAM.  It comes with 4 g of RAM and 1 TB hard drive.  I wanted to add 4 more G of RAM.  Turns out the 4 it has are soldered to the board and I don't seem to be able to find any literature or any place on the unit where I can insert any RAM at all.   It seems the only spot is where it it soldered to the board.  Is it true I cannot upgrade or increase the RAM in this unit??

Lenovo Technology Partner
Views: 29,173
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo Ideapad 110-15Ibr Upgrading RAM Possible??

Hi sing4kristen, 

As per the Hardware Maintenance Manual page 26 of the system, this model does not support memory upgrade since the ram is soldered to the motherboard. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. 

Hope this helps. 

Cheers,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudos!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"
TRICKER
What's DOS?
Views: 6,386
Message 3 of 4

mine has 2gb Ram so u r telling me i cant upgrade

MarVeo
What's DOS?
Views: 3,602
Message 4 of 4

I have the same laptop(ideadpad 110-15IBR) with 2GB RAM, but the manual says that it can support only 8 GB RAM maximum. Based on that how is that the ram in ot upgradable?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors