Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brad76
What's DOS?
Views: 3,659
Message 1 of 4

Lenovo Ideapad 110 -- Laptop suddenly slow and locking up constantly

I do not have hardly anything loaded onto this laptop, it is less than 30 days old.  All of the sudden in the middle of playing a game the laptop locked up completely.  Now, it is locking up all the time, and when it isn't locking up it is VERY slow compared to when I first got it.  

I noticed in task manager the disk use is 100% ALL of the time, not sure if that matters or not for my problem.  It is running at 100% even with no applications open.  I did remove the McAfee software and increased the virtual memory size, but it hasn't changed the constant 100% disk usage.  I downloaded Malwarebytes and ran a full scan, only leftover McAfee filed came up and I quaranteened them.  Really clueless as to what could be going on since this laptop is pretty much brand new and there's barely any programs installed combined with the fact NOTHING is running when it seems to slow down and/or lockup.  

Thank you.

brad76
What's DOS?
Views: 3,626
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo Ideapad 110 -- Laptop suddenly slow and locking up constantly

Screenshot (2).pngScreenshot (1).png

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 3,598
Message 3 of 4

From the Process Tab in Device Manager, click on the at the top of the Disk column to sort by highest disk access (ascending or descending) and it should show you the process or processes that are accessing the disk and causing it to spike to 100% usage..

It might just be Windows pulling down the Creators Update in the background if you do not already have it installed, but in any case, knowing what processes are accessing the drive would be useful in finding you a solution.

Good luck,

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 3,594
Message 4 of 4

You might also want to run the Lenovo Solutions Center's (LSC)  hardware scan to see if it detects any problems with the hard drive that could be causing disk read/write issues.    LSC should already be installed, but if not, the latest version 3.4.003 can be found at the link below.

Lenovo Solution Center for Windows 10 / 8.1 / 8 / 7 (64-bit) - Desktops, Notebooks, Workstations

http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/ds104501

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors