Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
secretempire1
Paper Tape
Views: 1,197
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo Ideapad 300-15ISK trackpad issues

Hello.

I have had my Ideapad 300 for several months now and I really love it except for one thing, the trackpad.

Due to where my hand and fingers naturally sit, there is a spot on the trackpad that shows a little more wear than the area around it.

In this picture ( http://imgur.com/bJovhqL ), you can see that there is an oval shaped region that looks a little different.

The problem I am having is that several times a day (up to several times per hour), the trackpad goes nuts.  It doesn't

track my finger correctly and performs multi-finger actions even though I'm just using one finger.  It jitters around the screen if I try to use it, and I just have to wait for it to self-correct by staying off of it for up to 30 seconds.  If I look at the trackpad icon on the bottom right of the taskbar while it's messing up, the trackpad is registering multiple fingers.

I'll use one finger, and the icon will display 1 finger, 2 fingers, 3 fingers, 1, 2, 1, 3, 4, etc.  Like I said, I just have to wait it out for it to go away.  And on one occasion, I noticed that even if I hovered my finger above the trackpad without actually touching it, it would still register fingers, like it was being super super sensitive or something.

I've tried everything reasonable to fix it, tweaking the settings, uninstalling and reinstalling the trackpad, updating the drivers, using the OEM drivers, and nothing works.  It's getting very annoying, and I want it fixed. 

I also want to get a small little travel laptop for work, and I was looking at the 100S, but if this nonsense happens with that one too, I'll look to other manufacturers.

chrestayw
Paper Tape
Views: 1,077
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo Ideapad 300-15ISK trackpad issues

I also have this problem. Minus the oval wear on my track pad. This has been a day 1 issue for me. Trackpad goes nuts randomly, registering multiple fingers.

I also updated the drivers from ELAN and Synaptic, with no joy.

I suspect a design hardware issue likely grounding between the case and the touchpad, as it occurs most often when my wrist are resting on the case.

Please look into this Lenovo!

300-15ISK (Silver)

chapapak
Token Ring
Views: 714
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo Ideapad 300-15ISK trackpad issues

Hi, same thing for me as well. I fixed it:

control panel->search for mouse->menu Elan->options->additional->Set palm tracking to maximum

This fixed my issue, for the moment at least.

Please confirm

Top Kudoed Authors