Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anonimoabusivo
Fanfold Paper
Views: 935
Message 1 of 22

Lenovo Ideapad 300 BATTERY GAUGE disappear after update

Hi all,

Lenovo Companion asked me to update Lenovo battery gauge( V 1.0.45.0) and somehow the updating failed. Result is I've no more Battery gauge and if I try to install software from this link:

http://support.lenovo.com/ie/it/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-x-series-laptops/thinkpad-x20...

installing stuck and doesn't work. It does the same even with older version of this software.

Can you help me please?

Guru
Views: 918
Message 2 of 22

Re: Lenovo Ideapad 300 BATTERY GAUGE disappear after update

It is not working because you are installing the wrong Lenovo Battery Gauge software.

Please reinstall the Lenovo Battery Gauge from this link.

Warm regards,
Jonas Hendrickx

Lenovo Insider - Windows Insider MVP

Personal website: ThinkScopes

anonimoabusivo
Fanfold Paper
Views: 915
Message 3 of 22

Hi jonas,

I've used the link you gave me but the problem still remain, Installing stuck on"Finishing Installation" and don't work.

Thanks.

Guru
Views: 863
Message 4 of 22

Hello,

Have you tried uninstalling the old Lenovo Battery Gauge first? Then try to install it afterwards again.

You can always attempt to do a clean install of Windows 10 if you feel like it. Then download Lenovo Companion and install the System Interface driver, then use Lenovo Companion to install all the missing drivers, including the battery gauge.

Warm regards,
Jonas Hendrickx

Lenovo Insider - Windows Insider MVP

Personal website: ThinkScopes

anonimoabusivo
Fanfold Paper
Views: 859
Message 5 of 22

Hello,

I don't know how to unistall Battery Gauge old version, it's not on Programs and Features. There's a way I can unistall and install again all the Lenovo Utilities?? I don't want to unistall and install Windows 10 just for the battery gauge, seems lot of efforts for a widget.

Thank you.

RichardW
802.11n
Views: 813
Message 6 of 22

@jonas_hendrickx wrote:

You can always attempt to do a clean install of Windows 10 if you feel like it.

You're kidding, right? You're telling someone to wipe their hard drive because maybe reinstalling the entire system might fix Battery Gauge?

I'm having a related problem on X220 with Windows 10 x64. Lenovo System Update tries to update Battery Gauge, but installation always gets stuck forever at 91%.

anonimoabusivo
Fanfold Paper
Views: 785
Message 7 of 22

Hi Richard,

do you manage to find any solutions to this problem? My first thought was that the app was bugged..

RichardW
802.11n
Views: 780
Message 8 of 22

@anonimoabusivo wrote:

do you manage to find any solutions to this problem? My first thought was that the app was bugged..

No, I never found a solution. I first saw the problem about 4 months ago. Lenovo System Update found an update for Battery Gauge and started the installer. Installation appears to proceed normally until it gets stuck at 91%. The Task Manager shows it as still active, but with no CPU or disk activity. I repeated the process several times, always with same result (stuck at 91%). I also manually downloaded Battery Gauge installer from the Lenovo support website and again the same result. I finally gave up and marked System Update to ignore this update, and forgot about it for months.

This week I thought I'd try again with the newest available Battery Gauge. Still the same result, stuck at 91% during installation.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 775
Message 9 of 22

Have either of you tried using a third party uninstaller like the free version of IOBits Uninstaller?   If not, give it a try.  If the Lenovo Battery Gauge appears on the list then do the uninstall.  When that's done then let IOBit Uninstaller do a Power Scan for any remnants left behind.  When exiting out the Power Scan just watch what you click as it will at times offer the Pro version on exit.  Once uninstalled then try a fresh install of Lenovo Battery Gauge. 

There are two versions of IOBits Uninstaller available.  The first is the full installer of IOBits Uninstaller which can be found here....

http://www.iobit.com/en/advanceduninstaller.php

The second is a portable version that can be put on a flash drive or in a folder on your hard drive without installing.  Personally I like the portable versions.  Here is a link.......

http://portableapps.com/apps/utilities/iobit_uninstaller_portable

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

anonimoabusivo
Fanfold Paper
Views: 760
Message 10 of 22

Hi Majestic,

I've tried to do what you said but with IOBit and other third part unistaller "Lenovo Battery Gauge" does not appear on programs list.

There's not a way to remove manually this software then install it frm fresh?

Thank you.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors