Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Merovingi0
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 281
Message 1 of 5

Lenovo Ideapad 310 15ABR and Radeon R6 M435DX cached hardware

Good morning, i have buy also a Lenovo Ideapad 310 15 ABR with dual graphic R5 and Radeon R6 M435DX.

After 3/4 month with Radeon driver upgrade i see that the notebook restart during work. I am not sure if this was due to this problem.

After the reboot during my work at notebook i have a persistent black screen on logon (when need to enter the user password) for several minutes with only mouse cursor visible.

Three week ago i see that graphic was slow.

Then when i see the Task Manager was present only R5 integrated AMD video card with 512 MB of diedied memory.

Radeon R6 M435DX with 2 GB of memory was not visible.

I try to change on BIOS on Dual Graphic Card and switchable graphic card, but with no result.

If i see system information i see Radeon R6 M435DX like cached hardware.

On device proprety: "Currently, the hardware device is not connected to the computer. (Code 45). To solve the problem, connect the device to the computer again."

Lenovo Vantage do not found problem.

There are problem with Radeon R6 M435DX device?

I can open the notebook to see the device or this invalidate the product warranty?

kisan33
What's DOS?
Views: 104
Message 2 of 5

Re: Lenovo Ideapad 310 15ABR and Radeon R6 M435DX cached hardware

hello,

did you find a solution to this as i have the same problems? i also cannot update the drivers because when i try it just freezes at 100%

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 96
Message 3 of 5

Hi All,

Please try to rollback the graphics driver in Device manager to see if the updated driver is causing the issue. If you do not have that option try to install the driver from our website while the laptop is on Safe mode. Kindly check the download link below.

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/LAPTOPS-AND-NETBOOKS/300-SERIES/310-15ABR/downloads/DS11...

I would also recommend to perform a hardware scan on the laptop using the Lenovo Solution Center to check the integrity of the hardware components on the laptop. If you do not have it installed on your laptop check the download link below.

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/LAPTOPS-AND-NETBOOKS/300-SERIES/310-15ABR/downloads/DS10...

Update us how it goes.

Regards,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Merovingi0
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 56
Message 4 of 5

Hi, last week i search newly on support driver on lenovo website and see that have AMD driver.
So,
1) download AMD clean driver becouse amd driver is really **bleep** that can be uninstaller withour normal windows uninstaller
https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/gpu-601
2) put in safe mode windows with MSconfig and start AMD clean driver. When finished restart PC into normal mode with MSConfig.
3) install AMD driver downloaded by Lenovo website. It is not last but it appear more compatible than AMD driver downloaded with automatic update of AMD software or download from website.
After this my Ideapad 310 crash only one time.
My crash problem is with Office software (Word and Excel open... them that use to work!), mostly with compatibility mode of word .docx with old .doc file. and my ipothesys is that automatic shift between R5 and R6 influenced crash problem, becouse if execute Office software with R6 have serious windows view problem (button invisible, etc...).
Merovingi0
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 56
Message 5 of 5

With this driver my notebook crash only one time. Think that crash is mostly time generated with Office software for AMD crazy managing of R5+R6.... and R6 have strange several bug with Word, Outlook, Excel, becouse button are not visible.
Maybe is only war betweem company like unfair enterprise competition with AMD, Intel/Microsoft and Lenovo.
I am disapointed that on AMD forum not received one answer when have problem and need month to found a solution.
I am also disappointed that AMD driver cant be uninstalled or upgraded without creating bug warning. Correct procedure to install that i found is boing in Windows Safe mode, uninstall all with AMD cleanup utility, then install new driver. Absurd.

Lenovo solution center and Lenovo diagnostic found nothing. But think isnt hardware problem, but after several month of crashing observation i think is mixed problem between windows, office software and AMD driver

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors