03-30-2017 07:47 PM
Bought 310-15ABR few days ago, and i have issue with restarting this laptop.
The problem is that, whenever I click "Restart" or if Windows automatically restarts (after updates), the laptop will shutdown and boot to lenovo logo screen and stay there forever. I have to click ALT CTRL DEL to reboot it again and it will then show lenovo logo and boot into windows.
This happens on every restart. Essentially restart functionality is as good as shutdown. Its better to shutdowns and then click the power on button.
Here is what i have discovered:
- The issue disappears if i am not logged in into my windows account. So basically if i boot into windows and dont sign in, then restart, it will restart into windows and go to login screen.
- The issue pops up if i am logged in into my windows account and click the restart button, no matter how long i used the laptop
Here is what i have done so far:
- Reset bios to default setting
- Reset windows to defaut
- Installed windows from scratch using bootable USB.
- Flashed the latest bios
- Installed and uninstalled all the lenovo drivers
- Installed a new SSD replacing the hard disk
The issue hasnt resolved
Need some help
Solved! Go to Solution.
03-31-2017 05:12 AM
Thanks for using the Lenovo forums.
Try a static discharge for this, it may help to resolve the issue or at least get rid of any built up static on the motherboard.
(If the battery is internal, please just skip the remove/replace battery steps.)
1. Turn the unit off
2. Remove the battery and the Mains adapter
3. Press and hold the front power button for 30 seconds
4. Replace the battery and the Mains adapter
5. Turn the unit on as normal
Hope this helps, let us know how you get on.
Did someone help you today? Thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.
03-31-2017 12:06 PM
Thanks for replying. I tried doing static discharge multiple times with laptop turned off and no power connected. The laptop does not have a removable battery. Unfortunately that did not fix the issue.
Appreciate your help.
04-03-2017 10:48 AM
I finally figured out the problem. It was TPM issue. I had to reset TPM from within windows using tpm.msc
This seems to have resolved the issue for me.
03-24-2018 01:01 AM
Try Device Manager -> System devices and update the drivers by right clicking and choosing update drive, for mostly Lenovo ACPI....
Some of them will say already uptodate. Some will update. This mostly will solve the problem. My laptop has not restarted for 7 days after i did this. Try it out. Was searching for a soltion for almost a year, hence though of sharing. All the best.
03-26-2018 10:55 AM
Sorry the above steps are not the solution. It did restart twice after that. Planning to go with going through event log to figure out the issue. Will update if there is any progress.