Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
laggycomputer
Paper Tape
Views: 1,646
Message 1 of 5

Lenovo Ideapad 320-14ikb SSD upgrade?

Is this compatible with my laptop? Specs below. My laptop has been running very slowly ever since i installed programs needed for my school. Also considering adding additional 4 or 8GB RAM into RAM slot, but crucial website stated that my laptop has only 1 slot, does that mean i must replace the existing 4GB?  Can i safely replace the HDD myself without reinstalling windows, by migrating my c: drive to the SSD via SATA-SSD cable then unscrewing the laptop and take out the HDD? Can you please help me find a compatible SATA-SSD wire? 

Screenshot_4.png

Guru
Views: 1,604
Message 2 of 5

Re: Lenovo Ideapad 320-14ikb SSD upgrade?

Hi there. The Crucial site seems to be down at the time of me writing this answer, so I'm unable to see the links you attached.

For the 320-14ikb, any 2.5" wide 7mm high SATA SSD will work; here's one for example: https://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-X400-SSD-SATA-SD8SB8U-512G-1122/dp/B0196FPT1Y

info.JPG

For RAM [edit: see message four below]

Hope that helps!

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

laggycomputer
Paper Tape
Views: 1,595
Message 3 of 5

Thank you for your answer, i opened up the laptop and saw an empty RAM slot, does this mean i can buy a 4GB stick for it? To get 8GB in total?
Guru
Views: 1,575
Message 4 of 5

Hi there. You have the ideapad 320-14IKB, which actually has 4GB soldered on and another DDR4 SO-DIMM slot that's user-upgradable.

info.JPG

In that case, you can buy an 4GB stick (like this one: https://www.crucial.com/usa/en/ideapad-320-14ikb/CT10788827) and have a total of 8GB.

The Crucial site seems to be basing its spec off of the 14IAP model, which only has one slot.

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

How2do
Paper Tape
Views: 471
Message 5 of 5

I removed the regular SATA HDD and installed the following SSD:

Intel 660p 2TB 3D NAND QLC M.2 2280 PCIe NVMe 3.0 x4 SSD

Mfr Part #: SSDPEKNW020T8X1

It works perfectly fine.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors