Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
midauskas
Paper Tape
Views: 903
Message 1 of 8

Lenovo Ideapad 320-15IKB (Type 80XL, 80YE) freezes randomly

I bought Lenovo Ideapad 320 15-IKB few days ago and I installed new windows 10 and updated it, also installed Lenovo Vantage and made all updates for said laptop, even the BIOS update. Since then, my ideapad freezes randomly, keyboard and trackpad doesnt respond until I shut down by power button or close and open screen. I read on link below that problem was solved by backflashing bios to previous version. Since I can't find live support or how to contact Lenovo by e-mail, can someone confirm me this and tell me where to find and how to do backflashing bios?

My current BIOS version: 4WCN39WW.

Link for topic with said solution but for ideapad 310: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/Lenovo-Ideapad-310-15ikb-80TV-Freezing-...

midauskas
Paper Tape
Views: 811
Message 2 of 8

Re: Lenovo Ideapad 320-15IKB (Type 80XL, 80YE) freezes randomly

BUMP

DutchL
Blue Screen Again
Views: 775
Message 3 of 8

Same situation with my 320-15ABR. Frustrating.

ampwizard
Punch Card
Views: 638
Message 4 of 8

I have the same issue with my Ideapad 320S-14IKB (Type 81BN). I've already sent it to Lenovo twice for repair. The first time, they replaced a defective component on the mainboard and disconnected all the I/O ports on the right hand side of the computer in the process. They then sent back the computer without testing it. The second repair was to reconnect the stuff they disconnected the first time, but now I'm getting the OS freezes again (my original problem). The freezes are completely random and there does not seem to be a pattern. They do not seem to be correlated with any running software, I've even reproduced the problem when idle. I've run a hardware scan but nothing shows up. I've done the umpteenth OS reset and still it doesn't seem to help. Lenovo seem to be suggesting to send the computer in for another repair but obviously I have very little faith in their ability to fix the problem - they may not even be able to reproduce it because it is completely random and could take hours to occur. I'm very frustrated with this.

Highlighted
ampwizard
Punch Card
Views: 546
Message 5 of 8

On the fourth repair Lenovo couldn't reproduce it so have sent it back to me unfixed AGAIN. They are not willing to honour their warranty. Anyone else had this issue resolved?

Dhanushdk28
Paper Tape
Views: 423
Message 6 of 8

do u resolved this problem?...
ampwizard
Punch Card
Views: 411
Message 7 of 8

After the fourth unsuccessful repair (which I predicted would be unsuccessful as I predicted everything correctly since April), Lenovo's idiot service staff said that the best they could do was send an engineer from Germany to my house in the UK to fix the problem in front of me. I reminded them that the problem is intermittent and said that would be a further waste of time and money for both of us. I have pointed out numerous times that their strategy is utter madness and a monkey could come up with a better warranty support process. They claim to have read my reddit post here: Lenovo not honouring their warranty but have been unable to give me a valid reason for preferring to waste the best part of a year of their time and money rather than replace their faulty garbage laptop. Anyway, needless to say I was not willing to deal with them any further as arguing with people that lack the capacity for basic rational reasoning is always going to lead nowhere. So I took my computer back to the shop where I bought it (PC World) in its frozen state, and armed with a camera and four repair reports which demonstrate the incompetence of Lenovo's repair centre. The shop let me exchange the laptop for a decent brand. I am never buying another Lenovo again.

BobGuzek
Paper Tape
Views: 100
Message 8 of 8

I had this same issue (random freezing) similar model (15ABR).  I had suspected that due to the lack of a three-prong power cord, the laptop was more susceptible to static electricity than other designs.  The whole floating ground thing works fine until a spike of electricity moves that float around.  At home, the laptop worked fine, but no issues with static at home.  

So, this is my unconventional fix that worked:  Ground the case by running a wire from a bottom screw to a good ground - I found the wall outlet screw to be good enough.  I also run a humidifier in the office right by my desk, which cut down on the static by a lot.  The one last conventional fix was to only use drivers applied by windows update, and in this case it updated my AMD I2C Controller driver to 10/10/2017 (1.2.0.75).  I'm not positive which fix did the trick, but it worked.  It might account for the randomness, and the inability of tech's to resolve the issue. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors