cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
randomconsumer
What's DOS?
Views: 1,299
Message 1 of 5

Lenovo Ideapad 320S USB TYPE-C port to USB 3.0 with adapter?

Hello,

I just ordered the Lenovo Ideapad 320S here in Sweden. According to the specs it has 1xUSB 3.0, 1xUSB 2.0, 1xType-C USB 3.0, making it 2 x "normal" USB ports and 1 x Type-C USB port. I read in other posts that it isn't possible to connect a monitor via the Type-C USB port, but that's not a problem for me. However, since I will be using three "normal" USB devices (keyboard, mouse and a foot pedal), is it possible to use a Type-C USB to USB 3.0 adapter and then use a "normal" USB device, thus using 3 USB devices at the same time?

For example this adapter: https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-Type-C-Gen1-Female-Adapter/dp/B01GGKYYT0

Thank you

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 1,259
Message 2 of 5

Re: Lenovo Ideapad 320S USB TYPE-C port to USB 3.0 with adapter?

Welcome to the Community Forums!

Upon checking our Ideapad 320s, it is indeed comes with a USB Type C 3.1, intended for data transfer only. We don't see any problems with using an adapter in order for you connect your peripherals(keyboard, mouse and a foot pedal). This should work.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

randomconsumer
What's DOS?
Views: 1,255
Message 3 of 5

Hi and thanks for your reply.

OK, sounds good. I will try to remember to report back to this thread when I've received everything, with my results.
randomconsumer
What's DOS?
Views: 1,201
Message 4 of 5

Yep, it works fine. I have 3 USB devices connected to the laptop now, 2 using the normal USB ports and the third using a USB TYPE-C to USB 3.0 female adapter.

Though I discovered that the laptop doesn't wake up from sleep mode. Nothing happens and I have to force a shutdown by holding down the power button for 5-10 seconds, but I guess that's another problem...

jsinger
What's DOS?
Views: 448
Message 5 of 5

but what device could this actually connect to? All the cables have the large USB connector at the other end, so you cannot use it to connect to a  phone, for example. To transfer data from my type-c phone, I use the cable with the large USB connector inserted into the regular USB. I cannot see any possible use for this port!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors