Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Noortje
What's DOS?
Views: 520
Message 1 of 5

Lenovo Ideapad 320s Brightness changes in Netflix

I just got a new Ideapad 320s a few days ago and I'm now noticing that when I play a video in Netflix, the brightness of the screen turns darker and brighter everytime a scene changes or when a subtitle line changes.
How can I change my settings to stop this? It's only happening in Netflix from what I've seen so far. 
Thank you!

FJ55
Paper Tape
Views: 82
Message 2 of 5

Re: Lenovo Ideapad 320s Brightness changes in Netflix

I think I have the same problem - but on different video platforms and only when on battery...
FJ55
Paper Tape
Views: 81
Message 3 of 5

Have you been able to fix your problem?
Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 70
Message 4 of 5

Hi FJ55,

Let's try these steps:

1. Open Intel settings by right-clicking the blank space of the desktop
2. Choose "basic user"
3. Click "power management" tab
4. Change "Plugged In" to "On Battery"
5. The option for "automatic screen brightness" will become present. Uncheck it.

Another steps to try is to change the Power Options:

1. Click on the Start button, then search for "Power Options" and launch the corresponding Control panel section.
2. Click on "Change plan settings" on whichever power plan you're on or want to change.
3. Click on "Change advanced power settings" to launch the Power Options Advanced Settings.
4. Scroll down until you get to the "Display" section and click on the plus sign to show the submenus. Now click on the plus sign next to "Enable adaptive brightness" to expose its settings.
5. Set On Battery and Plugged in to Off, then hit Apply and OK to save and exit.

Let us know how it goes.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

FJ55
Paper Tape
Views: 60
Message 5 of 5

Hey Maru,

Thank you for your reply!

I found the problem:

I changed the settings of the intel graphics chip.

Right click on desktop -> intel graphics settings (or similar, as my laptop is in German) -> energy -> deactivate display energy saving technlogy.

Best,

FJ

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors