Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mirec10
Paper Tape
Views: 505
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo Ideapad 330-15IGM 7XCN30WW BIOS no .iso only .exe

Hello,

I have a little problem. I was trying to install win 7 to new Lenovo Thinkpad 330-15IGM, but I have been recieving "blue screen". My BIOS current version is 7XCN24WW and I found information that i need to updato BIOS to 7XCN30WW, so I can edit more settings for installation win 7. However I can't update update BIOS because on support.lenovo.com I found only .exe file of new BIOS - which I can't use because I don't have windows on my lenovo yet.

https://support.lenovo.com/sk/sk/downloads/ds503429

How can I update BIOS to this version?

Mod edit: Title changes to reflect the model #

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 444
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo Ideapad 330-15IGM 7XCN30WW BIOS no .iso only .exe

Hello Mirec10!

Welcome to Lenovo Community Forums!

Based on the Ideapad 330-15IGM drivers page, we currently don't have drivers for Windows 7. You may try to install and it the OS may work but just to set your expectations that you will need to find the drivers manually.

As for the ISO version of the BIOS file, at this time we don't have an ISO version to flash the BIOS outside Windows.

Here are things that you can try to install Windows 7:
Option 1. If the Windows 7 is formatted for UEFI installation, you will need to boot into the BIOS and change the following:

Security Tab
Secure Boot = Disabled

Boot Tab
Boot mode = UEFI

Exit Tab
OS Optimized Defaults = Disabled

Option 2. If you want to install Windows 7 in Legacy mode, you will need to change the following:

Security Tab
Secure Boot = Disabled

Boot Tab
Boot mode = Legacy Support

Exit Tab
OS Optimized Defaults = Disabled

When done, press F10 to save and exit then boot from the USB Windows 7 installer and observe if you're still getting the blue screen error.

Let us know how it works.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors