Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JaYZzz
Paper Tape
Views: 500
Message 1 of 5

Lenovo Ideapad 500 15ISK 80NT Wifi problem (Core i5 8GB RAM) Windows 10

Hi fellow helpers,

In urgent need of help (I guess everyone is in need of that over here) I have two questions.

1. I purchased the Lenovo Ideapad 500 15ISK laptop in October 2016. I regisitered it on Lenovo support in December 2016, however i noticed that my laptops warranty runs out on 7th February 2017. Its been 4 months since I purchased this laptop and the warranty was for 1 year. How is this possible that it runs out in 4 months?

2. I have been having problems with the laptops wifi connectivity. While I am browsing the internet, for some reason the webpage keeps on loading for 2-3 minutes before loading completely. My old laptop, tablet and work fine without any delays. I have virgin media 50MB. I have updated the drivers but still no solution and this occurs few times everyday. It is starting to really annoy me.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Jackson

Lenovo Technology Partner
Views: 433
Message 2 of 5

Re: Lenovo Ideapad 500 15ISK 80NT Wifi problem (Core i5 8GB RAM) Windows 10

Hi JaYZzz, 

For your first issue, you may have to update the purchase date of the system here. Just follow the instruction and the warranty should be adjusted accordingly. Note: You may need to email a copy of the system's receipt.

Now for the Internet issue. What kind of trouble shooting have you done so far? Like have you tried using a different browser to test if the issue is with your current browser? What kind of speeds are you getting when you do speed test? Do you see the laptop dropping connection?

Hope to hear from you soon. 

Cheers, 

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudos!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"
JaYZzz
Paper Tape
Views: 427
Message 3 of 5

Hi jamdy,

I have tried using different browsers and also tried browing the internet with an ethernet cable. With different browsers I had the same problem, however with ethernet cable I do not get any issues. I have attached a picture of the speed i am getting with an ethernet cable.

Thanks

Lenovo Technology Partner
Views: 422
Message 4 of 5

Hi, 

What kind of WiFi card do you have? If you have an Intel card, please un-install the drivers and then restart the computer. Once the system has restarted download the driver for the WiFi card from www.Intel.com. 

If you have a different WiFi card please try method 1 and 2 on this article : https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/HT502846. 

Cheers,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudos!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"
JaYZzz
Paper Tape
Views: 416
Message 5 of 5

I have an Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165. And i seem to be having the same problem as the people in the link below.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Intel-R-Dual-Band-Wireless-AC-3165-wi...

Top Kudoed Authors