Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NarenKondajji
Blue Screen Again
Views: 541
Message 1 of 6

Lenovo Ideapad 500S BSD Problem

WP_20170419_08_11_43_Pro-rev.jpg

Bought this machine in Dec 2016 and have not been able to use it at all because it keeps crashing every now and then with BSD.  It's under warranty.  Every time Lenovo engineer reinstalls the OS and it keeps crashing.  It's already 5 times they have done this. There seems to be no solution in sight and of late Lenovo engineers stopped responding to the issue in time.  It's nearly a week they collected coredump and event viewer data with no solution coming forward till now.  Lenovo is not willing to consider DOA. Currently, it's lying with me and unusable.  What's the solution to this problem?

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 531
Message 2 of 6

Re: Lenovo Ideapad 500S BSD Problem

Hard to tell because actaul StopCode is not visible in the image, but typically blue screens are an operating system issue related to hardware drivers, or corrupt system files, and are not hardware related.     It would if you could upload the actual C:\Windows\Memory.dmp file as it might point to the driver or system file at fault.

NarenKondajji
Blue Screen Again
Views: 501
Message 3 of 6

Thanks for your reply Mr Gillis. 

Each time, I get different stopcodes.  In the image posted (latest incidence of BSD) the stop code is "SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION" and whatfailed is "igdkmd64.sys".  Would this info is of some use? 

I will access and upload the memory dump tomorrow.

Regards,

Narendra

sclexman
Bit Torrent
Views: 467
Message 4 of 6

Additional question?

Have you updated your graphics drivers for your machine to current?  If not, it might help to do so. 

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 458
Message 5 of 6

igdkmd64.sys is a driver used by your Intel Graphics adapter, so definitely update that to the latest one from Lenovo, along with the latest Nvidia driver too.

Ideapad 500S-14ISK Video Drivers

http://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/500-series/500s-14isk/downloads

If the installer says the latest is already installed, try uninstalling the current driver, and then installing the driver again

How to delete the current Intel Driver

• First download the latest Intel Graphics driver using the link above and save someplace easy to find
  • Right-click on start and select Device Manager
  • Left-click on Display Adapters to expand
  • Right Click on the Intel's HD Graphics 520 (I believe that is the one you have) and select Uninstall
  • Check the box to "Delete the driver software for this device" and select Next
  • Follow the prompts, and reboot if requested to do so.
  • Run the Intel Graphics driver previously downloaded to install a clean copy.

If the problem persists, you can also try installing the latest driver from Intel.

How to install the latest Intel HD Graphics 520 driver from Intel (Version: 15.45.16.4627 (Latest) Date: 3/23/2017)

• Download the win64_154516.4627.zip. file from the link below and save it somewhere easy to find.
  • Right click on the win64_154516.4627.zip file and select Extract All.  Either note where it will be extracted, or save to a location easy for you to find.
  • Right-click on start and select Device Manager
  • Left-click on display Adapters to expand
  • Right Click on the Intel's HD Graphics 520 and select Update Driver Software
  • Select "Browse my computer for driver software"
  • Browse to the location where you extracted the previously downloaded driver software
  • Select Next and follow the prompts.

Intel HD Graphics 520 driver (Version: 15.45.16.4627 (Latest) Date: 3/23/2017)

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26669/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-45-?pr...

Good Luck,

NarenKondajji
Blue Screen Again
Views: 407
Message 6 of 6

Hi,

I am trying to do it.  It's stuck in the place for the last 45 mins.  So I closed it.

Should I have waited more?

Regards,

Narendra

Top Kudoed Authors