Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mhamzah39
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,895
Message 1 of 9

Lenovo Ideapad 500s 141SK random black screen

So basically, I just got this laptop (well about a month ago) and ever since the third day, at completely random times the screen goes blacklit. I have no cursor control or keypad control, i changed all the sleep settings to never and nothing seems to be working. I have to completely restart the laptop to do anything again. On the reiliability report it usually says windows stopped working or was closed unexpectedly. Other than this problem, there is literally nothing wrong with it, it works perfectly fine

I am very frustrated as I bought this laptop for university Smiley Sad

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,837
Message 2 of 9

Re: Lenovo Ideapad 500s 141SK random black screen

Have you obtained the latest device drivers/updates for your system yet from the 500-14ISK support page on the http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/ website?    If not you probably should since the are generally released to address problems or improve performance.

Also I would recommend you install the update from Intel below, since as Amy from Lenovo suggests that it may fix the issue you are seeing on your laptop in this Lenovo Forum thread.

Intel Management Engine Interface Driver for Windows 10 (64-bit) - Notebook

http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/ds105001

Good Luck,

mhamzah39
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,801
Message 3 of 9

Thanks for the reply

I downloaded the Intel Management Engine Interface Driver this morning and my laptop has yet to crash. So far things are looking pretty good.

I'll keep updating this post if anything happens. Once again thanks alot for the reply. 

mhamzah39
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,782
Message 4 of 9

Unfortunately the black screen returned Smiley Sad

Really do not know what to do

EDIT: Updated BIOS, what other updates should i download?

aasham14
What's DOS?
Views: 1,753
Message 5 of 9

I am encountering the same problem. The screen ramdomly goes black and I am have to force restart. The intel update hasn't helped. Mine is a 2 month old laptop with windows 10. Many thanks for your help

mhamzah39
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,745
Message 6 of 9

I would hate to say this and its probably not true but Lenovo might have quite a few  defective laptops out there. They really need to do something about this

mhamzah39
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,730
Message 7 of 9

UPDATE: Most successfull solution so far is from the user Matt who made the work around for the problem (4 full sessions of use for 1hr + for each session and no crash ) Smiley Happy 

mhamzah39
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,455
Message 8 of 9

Lenovo Ideapad 500s -14lSK Random Black Screen Back

Hello

So a while ago I posted about a problem I was having that caused my laptop(fairly new 1.5 months now) to randomly crash or go in a blacklit screen mode where the only option to get it working again is to hard reset it. I think a lenovo community memeber posted up a fix that i should download (Intel Management Enginer Hardware .. something like that). That fix did not work and then I tried the suggested method by a customer which only worked for a week. I also contancted lenovo and allowed them access to my computer and all that was done was updating the drivers. 

My warranty is for a year and I would have to send it to get it fixed

My questions are, is there anything else I can do myself to resolve this issue?

If lenovo cannot solve this issue what can be done about it. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I just started university and I often find I fall behind on some programming for a course because I cannot bring my laptop to school as it is pretty much useless

Moderator note: post moved from ThinkPad forum to existing thread.  Removed "solved" flag from thread.

Highlighted
lruth
Punch Card
Views: 1,296
Message 9 of 9

Re: Lenovo Ideapad 500s -14lSK Random Black Screen Back

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors