cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starmansk
What's DOS?
Views: 598
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo Ideapad 510s 14IKB speaker issue - Sound muted randomly for several seconds in the beginning

I bought Lenovo Ideapad 510s 14IKB a month ago. Till now everything was working great, but now I am expriencing weird issue with sound played back through speaker.  When I play any sound (music or video file) through speaker, sometimes everything is fine, but very often sound is muted for 6 second in the begining and then it plays normally. When I connect headphones, I do not experience any issue.

Anybody who experienced similar problems? I tried to uninstall audio driver, install it again, update driver, etc... Nothing helped.

jlhuepe
Fanfold Paper
Views: 551
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo Ideapad 510s 14IKB speaker issue - Sound muted randomly for several seconds in the beginn

It has happened to a lot of Lenovo systems with the last update of windows one week ago (last Intel driver update 9.21.0.1489). So far the "best" option is to restore the system to a previous point and avoid updating while we hope that someone is trying to find a real solution....
Lenovo Technology Partner
Views: 507
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo Ideapad 510s 14IKB speaker issue - Sound muted randomly for several seconds in the beginn

Hi Starmansk, 

From what I have seen about the issue what jlhuepe said is correct the cause of the issue seems to be the driver from windows update. The Intel HDMI audio driver is hijacking the Realtek sound card causing several issues. I would recommend that you follow the steps on my post for this thread

Hope this helps. 

Cheers,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudos!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"
Top Kudoed Authors