01-31-2018 12:47 PM
Just bought an Ideapad 520-15IKB.
After installing Win 10, I noticed a stange problem : if i leave it open, after 30 mins - 1 hour of inactivity, the laptop freezes ( no high CPU load or hard-disk activity), just freezes. If i close the lid it goes to sleep, when I open the lid, the system resumes...
What can I do to get rid of this problem ?
02-27-2018 04:29 AM
Thanks for using the Lenovo forums.
Make sure that your drivers are up to date, you can find them on the support page:
Make sure to reboot after an udpate.
Also, you can try runmning an LSC scan and see if that is able to find anything for you:
1. Please click on the following link
2. Under the section ‘Download’ select the relevant Hyperlink dependant on whether your Lenovo is running Windows 7/8/8.1 32 bit or 64 bit.(Will work on Win10)
3. When prompted, select save and browse to a drive and directory in which to save the downloaded files.
4. Navigate to the folder where you saved the installation file, lscsetup_x86_26001.exe.
5. Double-click the installation file icon to start the installation.
6. Follow the onscreen instructions via the installation wizard that will install Lenovo Solution Centre on your system.
7. Once installed you will have a ‘Lenovo Solution Centre’ icon on your desktop please click to open this.
8. Once solution center is opened please select ‘Checkup’ then ‘Hardware Scan’ and ‘Full Scan’
9. This will take up to 20 minutes, see if this can find any errors.
Hope this helps, let us know how you get on.
Did someone help you today? Thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.
03-14-2018 07:44 AM