cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Diplomate
Paper Tape
Views: 96
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo Ideapad 700, SSD sometimes not detected.

I have this notebook for 2 years already. Everything was fine until recently when I couldn't load my PC (I had both Windows and Ubuntu installed). Via BIOS I found out that the problem was in SSD not being detected (Hard Drive 1 was shown not be installed). I tried playing with UEFI/Legacy options and restoring default options and after a few times my SSD was detected again. After that I could finally load my PC.

I reinstalled Windows from scratch without Ubuntu, but today I had the same problem, my computer couldn't boot because it couldn't see SSD. After playing with BIOS SSD "returned" again.

What could the problem be? Is it surely a hardware problem?

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 58
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo Ideapad 700, SSD sometimes not detected.

Hi Diplomate! Thanks for reaching our community. 

This could be an issue with hard drive. Have you already run the hardware scan to check for any failure? If not, you can use the Lenovo Vantage. Click start then search for Lenovo Think Vantage then from there you can run the scan. 

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Diplomate
Paper Tape
Views: 54
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo Ideapad 700, SSD sometimes not detected.

Thank you for your answer, did you mean Lenovo Solution Center? I insalled this program, but it told me the PC is fine. This problem with SSD is becoming more frequent and making my laptop work again is taking more and more time.

Also, I have experienced some blue screens in a hot room. Maybe this problem has the same origin as the SSD one. I'll surely take my computer into a workshop, since it no longer seems like a software problem. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors