juiced6
Punch Card
Views: 497
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo Ideapad 700 vs Lenovo Ideapad Y700

Lenovo Ideapad 700 i5-6300 /  8GB RAM  / 500GB HDD / GTX950M 

OR

Lenovo Ideapad Y700 FX-8800P / 8GB RAM / 1TB HDD / Radeon R9 M380 4GB

Which one of those will perform better in GAMING? Does any of these two got GPU throttling problems?

Which is best suited for a gamer?

Thanks in advance.

Guru
Views: 482
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo Ideapad 700 vs Lenovo Ideapad Y700

The Y700 is targetted for gamers, whereas the 700 is targetted for general use. 

With that being said, the AMD Radeon R9 M380 graphics card beats the GTX950M in almost every aspect and benchmark (PassMark score, manhattan score, clock speed, etc).... if you're looking for the best gaming performance, you'll want to focus on the graphics card and the Y700 gives you the winning edge here.  

I haven't seen any throttling problems on the forums, but I don't own these machines.  I'd suggest checking on the forums to see if there are any.  

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

Top Kudoed Authors