cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cherubean
What's DOS?
Views: 992
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo Ideapad 710s - not shutting down properly?

I just bought Lenovo Ideapad 710s last week, 5th June 2016 to be exact.

I noticed that after I shut down the laptop, eventhough the screen is off, the USB-wired mouse is still lited.

There's no light on the keyboards, nor the power signal light.

What could be the problem here?

amitairos
Punch Card
Views: 936
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo Ideapad 710s - not shutting down properly?

I think it is because one USB port is always on for charging- that way you can charge something even when the computer is off. So it's not a problem, but a feature :-)

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 931
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo Ideapad 710s - not shutting down properly?

Welcome to the Lenovo Community cherubean !

As amitairos pointed out your model has one USB port on the right side of the computer that is always On.  That port can be used to charge other devices when your laptop is turned off provided your laptop has 20% or more of battery power remaining or it is plugged in.  Page #8 of your model's User Guide shows the location of that always On port and provides a brief explanation of it.  Here is a link to that guide for your reference.......

https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles_pub/ideapad_710S-13ISK_ug_en_201603.pdf

To eliminate the problem and avoid battery drain with the mouse,  you should moved the mouse receiver over to the USB port on the left side of the laptop.  Although I am not an owner of your model, I would also suggest that you check the Lenovo Settings app.  Select the Battery icon in the left menu which will open the Battery Options.  One the options should be the ability to disable the always On USB port if you wish to do so.

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

Top Kudoed Authors