03-28-2018 05:23 AM
Hi, I'm looking at buying this laptop, but i came across a few questions:
1) Can this laptop support up to 32gb RAM as it is mentioned in some youtube reviews?
2) Can this laptop support video through the USB-C port as well, or just data? I'm looking at connecting 2 portable USB-C monitors, 1 through the Thunderbolt port and the other through the normal USB-C port.
3) Is the Thunderbolt port 2 lanes or 4?
4) Is this 4k screen anti-glare as well?
5) How would this 4k screen work connected to 2 FHD portable monitors, in terms of resolution?
6) Is this 4k screen suffering from backlight bleeding as some reviews suggest?
Thanks in advance.
Solved! Go to Solution.
03-28-2018 06:08 AM
Answers to some of your questions:
1) Yes, it supports up to 32GB RAM, however you would need two 16GB 2400MHz DDR4 SO-DIMM modules, which are rather expensive.
2) I can confirm, that one USB-C port supports ThunderBolt 3 and DisplayPort 1.2a connection.
4) No, it's a glossy panel.
6) Most of IPS screens suffers from backlit bleeding problem. It's mostly depends on unit, which you've receive.
03-28-2018 06:46 AM
03-28-2018 06:53 AM
So the 2nd USB-C port (on the right hand side) will not support video.
And the Thunderbolt 3 is just 2 lanes. How many "USB-C portable monitors" can I connect via this port alone?