Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LenovoFresh
Paper Tape
Views: 2,531
Message 1 of 5

Lenovo Ideapad fresh install Windows 8.1, no wifi-connection

Hello Lenovo forum,

I have a problem. NO WIFI (even after install drivers/reboot)

All good, only thing I didn't like was Windows 10 OS.

So I bought a serial for Windows 8.1, downloaded the .ISO on Microsoft website, installed it on USB-drive and installed a fresh Windows 8.1. So all CLEAN.

Like always first thing is to start with install Drivers of course.

So I downloaded Everest and put it on USB-stick. (Easy program to show which hardware)

I already checked on (this computer>manage>device manager) and saw there same; Realtek pci family controller for Network.

(Now I wanted to check it before posting this but since I just deleted all drivers 10 min. ago, since didn't work, I no see any visible.) But I'm pretty sure it was Realtek PCI Family Controller.

So I downloaded the drivers from the Realtek website, and installed it. Rebooted, but still same problem.

Anyway I saw also that Motherboard says: "Unknown" on Everest so I think I need drivers for that also but don't know which ones? Same for some USB drivers but I think this is included with Motherboard.

The problem is that I just can't choose any Wifi.

In Manager the only option is:

Flight mode: On/Off (=Off)

Bluetooth: On/Off (=Off)

I don't see Wifi.

I'm trying for hours + yesterday so hope find solution here, otherwise I will install Windows 7 and try that.

Thanks in advance!

Lenovo Technology Partner
Views: 2,475
Message 2 of 5

Re: Lenovo Ideapad fresh install Windows 8.1, no wifi-connection

Hi  LenovoFresh,

I would recommend the you first update the chipset drivers for the system from support.lenovo.com. As for the wifi and the Realtek pci family controller for Network. I think the unknown device is the wifi card, since the Realtek pci family controller for Network sound like the Ethernet card. It would be useful if you can post the hardware ID's for the device's so I can help you find the drivers for them. If you can, try running the Intel® Driver Update Utility and use it to update the Intel driver's on your system. 

Hope to hear from you soon. 

Cheers,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudos!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"
LenovoFresh
Paper Tape
Views: 2,470
Message 3 of 5

Like I said, it has no internet, I tried Intel Utilty install though but like expected: how could it scan / download without internet?

I don't see on Everest what is the type/name of Motherboard so don't know where to download the right Chipset drivers.

For network-card I only know that there was 'Realtek pci family controller' but now doesn't show anything since I deleted all drivers.

LenovoFresh
Paper Tape
Views: 2,468
Message 4 of 5

I'm downloading drivers here on this computer, put install on a USB device and plug it in Lenovo.

But no drivers helped yet.

LenovoFresh
Paper Tape
Views: 2,458
Message 5 of 5

With cable (ethernet?) I have internet.

The Intel Utility gave me 2 drivers but after install I saw both are same only 1 was bit outdated so installed the freshest one but my display went much darker so no good (tried change settings but still bad) so I uninstalled it.

I downloaded Driver Booster 4.2, it gave me 14 driver devices needed update.

Now I'm typing I saw screen go dark again.
**bleep**ty intel drivers, I deleted graphic drivers again so screen its much lighter.
And guess what?

Wifi connections available now! Smiley Very Happy
So problem fixed I guess, otherwise I let you know.

Thanks jamdy17 for your reply, appreciate!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors