Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
drwyn
Blue Screen Again
Views: 151
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo Ideapad s540 dents

So I have recently bought an ideapad s540(intel) 14inch and just this morning when I open the lid, it suddenly have many dents! I even put the protective cover between the screen and the keyboard when im carrying it. Now my question is, do i need to replace the entire screen? i think it does have some glass layer before the lcd? not sure though. And the other thing is that, does my warranty cover this one? Thanks

83213413_488676025359495_1324582529860108288_n.jpg

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 126
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo Ideapad s540 dents

That would be covered unless you had accidental damage protection, because that does not look like it occurred spontaneously. 

The screen is all one piece as shown in this video so while it may have a piece of glass in front of the LCD itself, it is not something that can be replaced.    

It almost looks like it is on the surface, so have you tried removing the marks with a damp soft cloth (microfiber is my choice)?   If it is not a matte screen, you might even try some tooth paste (not gel) to gently try to remove the marks, but test on the edge first to make sure it does not scratch the glass. 

Best of luck,        

drwyn
Blue Screen Again
Views: 106
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo Ideapad s540 dents

I tried wiping it with a soft cloth with a bit of alcohol cause i thought it was just a residue but it was still there. Though this morning, wiping it with some toothpaste made the dents disappear. Thanks!

We're moving

To a new platform very soon

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors