Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
50GreenDodge1
Paper Tape
Views: 349
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo Settings has cratered on my Flex 4 1470

I am a writer and I use the keyboard almost exclusively so I need the touchpad almost NEVER.  In the absence of a keystroke chord or a set of strokes, I have to open Settings to get to Touchpad and Disable it.  Having Lenovo Settings out of order for so long is a major bummer because my fat hands continously mark large portions of text and when I hit the wrong [right?] key, ZIP the text goes away. If I'm not paying attention, that portion of my deathless prose is lost.  

Hey! It happens.  OK?

No, seriously, my warranty is about to expire and I would like to know if this thing is going to be fixed, or is there a set of keystrokes to disable the touchpad - like there should be?  Thanks guys.  I'm at laeva65  at  gmail

Jack in Phoenix AZ

CyberSimian
Bit Torrent
Views: 311
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo Settings has cratered on my Flex 4 1470

@50GreenDodge1 wrote:

I would like to know if ... there is a set of keystrokes to disable the touchpad?

I have never used a Flex 4, but if you look at the "User Guide":

https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles_pub/ideapad_flex4_1470_1570_1435_1480_1580_ug_en_201606...

you will see that on page 7 it says (below the description of the fingerprint reader):

You can enable/disable the touchpad by pressing F6.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

50GreenDodge1
Paper Tape
Views: 306
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo Settings has cratered on my Flex 4 1470

CyberSim:  If this indeed does it for me, I'll be enormously grateful.  I'll also be feeling a  bit foolish, as the solution was [literally] right under my nose. 

That's how it is with tech, tho. They write reams to say so little because answers are often so simple.  Thanks for taking an interest.  

Jack in Phoenix.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors