Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MarcoStefani
Paper Tape
Views: 384
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo flex 3 - 1470 screen failure

Hello

I'm having a lot of trouble with the screen of my lenovo flex 3.

Seems like every time (or almost every time) i try to pick it up, move it or flip it into tablet mode, the screen fails and i have a black screen with white lines crossing. I have to restart the pc (the hard way), therefore losing everything i was doing before this event.

I bought this computer 1 year ago but I'm not a big computer user, i use it probably once a week or less, but it still seems like im using an old computer that can fail at any moment.

Just to clarify, this computer never had any kind of "accident", never fell or never had any kind of bump. I dont move it from my home and its never been on a backpack.

What can i do, or what can you do for fixing this computer?

I hope you can help solve this problem. Thanks.

MarcoStefani
Paper Tape
Views: 366
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo flex 3 - 1470 screen failure

[UPDATE] it's getting harder and harder to restart the pc after this event...

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 322
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo flex 3 - 1470 screen failure

Welcome to the Lenovo Community !

Sorry to hear of the problem you are having.  From what you have described I suspect the issue is with the video cable that connects the screen to the motherboard.  The is especially true if the display is effected by movement of the screen.   If your system is still under warranty I would recommend that you contact Lenovo Support for service.

Lenovo Support - Paraguay

Spanish,English
8:00 - 20:00 Lunes - Sábado

In the event you no longer have an active warranty then I would suggest you or a local repair center first try reseating the video cable to insure a good connection.  If that doesn't resolve the issue then I would just replace the cable.  Page #47 of your model's Hardware Maintenance Manual shows the location of the video connection on the motherboard.  Here is link to that manual for your reference.......

https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles_pub/lenovo_flex_3_1435_flex_3_1470_flex_3_1475_flex_3_1...

There is also a Lenovo Training Video series that you may find useful for your model......

https://www.lenovoservicetraining.com/showcase?sid=677&key=TGVuZw==

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors