Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pedrito238
Paper Tape
Views: 1,805
Message 1 of 4

Lenovo ideapad 100-15iby novo button

Hello. 

Well, at first my laptop was stuck at " Repairing disk errors" and it was stuck for more than 2 days.
I did a quick search and found out about novo button. 

I used the hard reset that the "novo button" allowed me and it went well.
But now my laptop take ages to open. And when it is open, it is so slow. 

What can I do? 

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,782
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo ideapad 100-15iby novo button

You need to first back up all of your important data ASAP, create a recovery drive for your particular Windows OS, and then run a Hardware Scan using the Lenovo Solutions Center to see if the hard drive is indeed bad because the problems you describe point to a failing hard drive.    

If the system is still under warranty, Lenovo will replace the drive if it is failing,  but if not you will need to obtain a new drive and use the recovery media to reinstall.    

If you cannot create a recovery drive, you can obtain recovery media from Lenovo.

Good Luck

pedrito238
Paper Tape
Views: 1,735
Message 3 of 4

Sorry for not replying earlier,I did back up all my important data and did the full recovery using the novo button. 
I have to agree with you, it is a failing hard drive. So actually they dropped the laptop. 

After I backed up my data and the laptop turned to run really slow, right now he is showing the same disk error. I will have to replace it since I can not do the Hardware Scan. Also  I will create a recovery drive in case I'm no longer under warranty. 
Thank you! 

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,727
Message 4 of 4

Hopefully you can still create the recovery media, but if not you can order recovery media from Lenovo for a small fee, or create Windows 7, 8.1 or 10 installation media for free from Microsoft, but not that installing using the Microsoft installation media will just install Windows, and will not include all the Lenovo software etc.

Best of Luck,

Top Kudoed Authors