09-05-2017 06:21 PM
I have a pretty new ideapad, bought maybe 2 months ago, and for some reason it's not turning on. It was working fine the night before but now when I press the power button the light turns on and sometimes it sounds like it booting up but then stops halfway through. The screen remains entirely black through it all. I've tried removing the battery and restarting it but that didn't help at all. Anybody have any clue what I should do?
09-05-2017 10:01 PM
Thank you for posting your query in Lenovo Forums.
As i understand that when you try to power on the laptop it’s not powering on,
Please follow the below troubleshooting steps and see if the unit powers on
Please do try these troubleshooting steps that I suggested to others that may help. Please do check some video guide on how to disassemble the laptop in YouTube that should help.
- Start by doing a hard reboot, remove the battery and unplug the AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then try booting it up again.
- If this will not work, do test the AC adapter if it's working properly. Remove the battery and power the laptop with just the AC adapter connected and see if it will boot up or not. do also try a different AC adapter that has the same voltage and see if it will work or not.
- Proceed with reseating the RAM's if trying a different AC adapter will not work, remove them all for couple of seconds then put them back in making sure everything is seated properly.
- If it will still not work, connect an external monitor and see if you'll get any display from it. If there's a display on the external monitor that could mean that the problem is the built in display.
- But if there's still no display on the external monitor that means the problem lies in the motherboard
Hope the above information helps and please let us know how you go about.
Please feel free to post in Lenovo Community Forums if you have any further queries!
Tap that kudos button if I helped.
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
03-20-2018 07:32 AM
I have the same problem. However the battery can't be disconnected without taking apart the whole computer. This computer was a Christmas gift for my son and has been used for less than 3 months. What is the process of getting this fixed?
01-29-2019 01:00 PM
I have a similar problem, in that my notebook will not start. I disconnect the battery and plug in the power, and it starts up fine.
I perform the hard reset described above, and in many other posts, and it starts fine with the battery connected. But then when I atttempt to shutdown and restart, the notebook remains black.
Also, similar to someone else's pst, when I hold the power buton for 20seconds, the fan whirs for a second or two, stops and then NUTTIN'!
If I remove the battery, it starts with the power cord. If I go through the "Hard Reboot" steps, it starts with the battery installed.
It's just when I recycle the battery that it dows not work... Further, I purchased a brand new battery. The same thing happens whether it's an old battery or a new one...