Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hoba4rH
What's DOS?
Views: 111
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo ideapad 300-15IBR dead after press Novo button

Hello Tech Team

i was trying install Win7 Ultimate 64 bit and it finished good , next step was installing drivers and 1st thing was update bios , i did the update and then error message appear which i cannot remember but the solution was switch Bios from UEFI to Legacy , after doing that i got another error which was really weird but mostly solutions online was to press Novo Button .... NOW this is exactly what happened "Laptop was plugin Power Ac and Powered On then i press novo button with sharp tool THAT moved alittle bit to the side of AC Power from inside laptop and touched something there -i guess- then laptop SHUTDOWN and Never POWER ON back , plus when i plugin the power AC the light led power not lighting up so basically my laptop not power on or charged at all :/

Any Solution or i should go to the local support as am out of warranty period Smiley Sad

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 81
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo ideapad 300-15IBR dead after press Novo button

Hi Hoba4rH!

Welcome to the Lenovo Community Forums!

The Novo button should not have an effect when the laptop is turned on, because it will only work or command the laptop to bring up the Novo button menu if the laptop is shut down. Let's perform a power drain:

1. Disconnect all peripherals (if any), like USB devices, etc.
2. Press and hold the power button for at least 10 seconds.
3. Unplug the charger.
4. Press and hold again the power button for another 10 seconds.
5. Plug in the charger directly to a working wall outlet.
6. Press the power button to turn on.

If the persists, call your local support for warranty claims. You can get the phone support number here https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/SupportPhoneList (enter the serial number and select your country). Let us know if you need additional help.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors