Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2blaze
Paper Tape
Views: 2,891
Message 1 of 9

Lenovo ideapad 310 -15IKB BIOS INSTALLATION

Hello everyone,

I changed the UEFI settings in the BIOS and can not run windows and get into bios(black screen, and nothing happens). Is it possible to install the BIOS from Bootable CD ? i have found only .exe file in the drivers page.

Now bios version is: 2wcn21ww

Regards,

Peter

sclexman
Bit Torrent
Views: 2,820
Message 2 of 9

Re: Lenovo ideapad 310 -15IKB BIOS INSTALLATION

Your BIOS is only updateable through the windows platform.

Are you stating that you can not get into the BIOS settings? 

Page 27 of the user guide shows how to access BIOS setup, using the Novo button, from a POWERED DOWN machine.

https://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/pccbbs/mobiles_pdf/v310_14isk-15isk_ug_en.pdf

2blaze
Paper Tape
Views: 2,816
Message 3 of 9

Yes, i can not get into bios settings with Fn+F2, and with novo button. In both cases a black screen turns on, and nothing happens. I'll try in a moment with live xp and exe file.
tonyfrompetone
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,774
Message 4 of 9

Are you saying that you cannot boot your pc even? If you can then you should be able to search for, and install, updates form your Ideapad from the Lenovo Companion app that is on the pc, unless you have deleted it. The latest bios update for the 310-15IKB is version 3JCN28WW according to this utility, and is a recommended update. I think I am currently on 26.

2blaze
Paper Tape
Views: 2,758
Message 5 of 9

Yes, i can not boot windows, message is :"inaccessible_boot_device". Probably the computer does not see the hard drive, but i can't get to the bios to change settings. I have windows 7 live usb running on this machine, but i can not connect the pendrive, to flash new bios.
Highlighted
tonyfrompetone
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,754
Message 6 of 9

Mmmm - I see your predicament. In the old days we had 'startup in safe mode' and I suspect the novo button is that sort of thing. They probably assume that the bios has not been corrupted as I guess you need that to boot up the chipset. What help have Lenovo offered? There must be a way through this - you can't have bricked your PC. If it's still under warranty take it back to the shop and tell them it's stuffed and deny any responsibility for the problem. Let them sort it out. It could be a hardware problem - who knows.

TFP

Burn_on
What's DOS?
Views: 2,728
Message 7 of 9

I did recently have the Problem with my V510: Wasn't able to boot from HDD, and BIOS not accessible.

For me it worked taking out the optical drive. after that I could access the BIOS again by pressing the Novo button.

I reset the BIOS to defaults, put the drive back in andeverything was fine again Smiley Wink.

Unplugging the HDD could also work.

tonyfrompetone
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,712
Message 8 of 9

I was going to suggest removing the HDD too so the boot cycle skips it and goes to the flash drive - if that is where he was trying to boot from. Boot device sequence is selected in the bios settings - certainly on XP which is what I am most familiar with. If all else fails - try something else.
Vahid99
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,789
Message 9 of 9

You can run windows by changing your boot setting from uefi to lagacy mode.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors