Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DrGregory
Paper Tape
Views: 2,102
Message 1 of 4

Lenovo ideapad 310-15IKB Win 10 and unti-dust

Hello All,

I'm trying to find the software to run anti-dust on my laptop Lenovo ideapad 310-15IKB, downloaded Lenovo settings, however, cannot see such option there, with previous model I had this option in the Power Management module, however for Win 10 cannot see this app, any idea where Lenovo hid it?

CyberSimian
Bit Torrent
Views: 2,051
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo ideapad 310-15IKB Win 10 and unti-dust

@DrGregory wrote:

I'm trying to find the software to run anti-dust on my laptop Lenovo ideapad 310-15IKB, downloaded Lenovo settings, however, cannot see such option there, with previous model I had this option in the Power Management module, however for Win 10 cannot see this app, any idea where Lenovo hid it?

The "fan dust removal" facility is no longer offered.  I suspect that it was removed because it was considered not to be very effective.

However, if you want to try this, the following version of the older Lenovo "Energy Manager" application has fan dust removal.  This version is for Windows 8.1, and for a different laptop model, but it might work on Windows 10 for your laptop model:

http://support.lenovo.com/gb/en/downloads/ds040484

Some months ago I did install one of these older versions of "Energy Manager" on Windows 10 on my 700-15ISK.  As far as I remember, it did work OK, but I did not try fan dust removal.  I was actually trying to find a solution for a  problem related to battery conservation mode on the 700, but the "Energy Manager" application did not solve that problem, so I uninstalled it.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

DrGregory
Paper Tape
Views: 2,043
Message 3 of 4

Not sure whether you still have an issue regarding conservation mode for the battery, but you can install Lenovo System Interface Foundation for Windows 10 (32-bit, 64-bit) and as a next step install Lenovo Settings, there you should have an option for the battery...
CyberSimian
Bit Torrent
Views: 2,030
Message 4 of 4

@DrGregory wrote:
Not sure whether you still have an issue regarding conservation mode for the battery, but you can install Lenovo System Interface Foundation for Windows 10 (32-bit, 64-bit) and as a next step install Lenovo Settings, there you should have an option for the battery...

Many users of the Ideapad 700-15ISK currently have a problem with the battery conservation mode controlled by "Lenovo Settings" -- every time the laptop wakes or is booted, "Lenovo Settings" turns conservation mode off. Smiley Mad  It is not supposed to work that way.  On my Ideapad 500-15ISK, the setting for battery conservation mode (on or off) remains as set by the user -- it does not turn itself off when the system starts.

I tried the older Lenovo "Energy Manager" application to see if it would control battery conservation mode correctly, but sadly it does not.  My conclusion is that there is something slightly different about the battery hardware in the 700, and (probably) the driver does not know how to handle it correctly.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors