Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Paolonicus
Blue Screen Again
Views: 278
Message 1 of 6

Lenovo ideapad 310 -15ikb Poor Battery Life & laggy start-up

I have been using this Laptop for more than a year now, and Im really disappointed with the battery life. Before that May-June 2017 Windows 10 update, Im normally getting around 3-4 hours of laptop runtime with minimal to moderate tasks, but now it was reduced to half. I already did the following:

1. Battery replaced (original not oem or cheap knock-off)

2. Windows 10 Reset

3. Control background apps and start-up items.

4. Everything was updated, even the Bios.

When I complained about it, the service center mentioned something that it has something to do with being connected to a Wifi Network, even without downloading any updates.

Kindly refer this to your engineering team. Also, the few minutes upon booting this laptop, the machine is somewhat laggy in terms of response, like asking someone who had just waken-up to do task that requires speed and precision.

Lenovo might try to communicate with Microsoft regarding this matter as I believe that the system was not optimized for the succeding updates as of June last year.

Charles1231
802.11n
Views: 244
Message 2 of 6

Re: Lenovo ideapad 310 -15ikb Poor Battery Life & laggy start-up

Yet another set of complains about windows update, including me. My search bar wasn't working after the Windows Update and I have to manually enable it using the Run Command every time I boot it.

I see you did a Windows 10 Reset, but you should also restore point your laptop before the new Windows 10 update was installed.

Once you're done with the restore point simply disable windows updates by setting your WiFi Connection as metered connection and the Windows Update Service being disabled. This is to avoid Windows to update again and to prevent your laptop being problematic after the update again.

Despite this you would still be getting security updates, that's fine and it won't brick your laptop. Security Updates are important because they improve your laptop's security.

Let's see if it works for you.

Paolonicus
Blue Screen Again
Views: 235
Message 3 of 6

I have already done that, but unfortunately I can't go back, or roll-back the updates  for up to last year. It's a matter of communication and coordination with Microsoft and Lenovo from what I understand, so they can have this sorted out.

Charles1231
802.11n
Views: 215
Message 4 of 6

Oh, I see.

Did you try both chkdsk and sfc/scannow in the command prompt admin?

Try and let's see how it goes. It might be related to those battery life and laggy start-up if any errors pop out.
Paolonicus
Blue Screen Again
Views: 195
Message 5 of 6

Yeah already tried those. Both SDC and CHKDSK didn't find anything wrong with the system.

Charles1231
802.11n
Views: 187
Message 6 of 6

Ok. There seems no problem by both the OS and your Hard Drive.

A laggy start up can (hopefully) be solved by having an SSD Drive. It will surely boot up faster and can even increase some battery time, because SSDs consume less power compared to mechanical HDD ones. SSDs even last longer in their life.

You may try to purchase one, as long as it is compatible to your Laptop. You'll see great boost to your Laptop's performance.

Otherwise, it may be Windows 10 update hasn't been optimized for your system literally, and of course of the new changes of the update, it may had consumed more energy to your laptop thus decreasing battery time, and a laggy startup.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors