Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Smileykoro
Not applicable
Views: 1,895
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo ideapad 310 Default Boot device missing and no bootable disk

I have a lenovo ideapad 310 and whem i turn it on it stays on for some time then tells me default boot device missing, i tried switching to legacy support boot mode and legacy firsr but the it tells me no bootable device, this happened to me before and i ended up formatting my laptop which made me lose important files and made my laptop slower so it would be a pleasure if anyone knows how to fix it without reinstalling windows and losing my files. Also pardon me for my bad english, english my second language.

spidey101
Not applicable
Views: 1,865
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo ideapad 310 Default Boot device missing and no bootable disk

Hi Smileykoro,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

It would help if you have created a recovery media to run repair else if the main concern is your data, then manually removing the harddrive (page 36) and slaving it to an external harddrive enclosure to backup can be an option.

Otherwise you can also have a bootable live rescue media to boot directly and then access the internal harddrive to copy your files out.

Personally I do my repair after backup as repair process may at some times corrupt some data files during repair.

Start initially setting the BIOS to defaults with OS optimized to the correct OS version (exit tab).

Using a recovery media to initially boot then try to use the advance repair options.

Hope this helps answer your query.

Update us how it goes best for you.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Smileykoro
Not applicable
Views: 1,844
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo ideapad 310 Default Boot device missing and no bootable disk

However this isnt the first time this happened and ever since i got my laptop (july 2016) i have gotten so many BSODs that it felt normal until this happened so if i attempt this method are you positive it will never happen again

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors