Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fiesta1881
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,272
Message 1 of 4

Lenovo ideapad 310 HDD caddy

Hi I have just got a ideapad 310 AMD A10 laptop. I am looking into having a small SSD and keeping the 1TB as I have a dummy optical drive I am looking at getting a caddy to replace it, I found a review on notebookcheck.net of the i5 version but the caddy is the same as the one I have minus the connecters on the back, thats what i am looking for the connection on the back of the plastic tray. I have attacted the pic from the website. 

JodyBG
Paper Tape
Views: 2,175
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo ideapad 310 HDD caddy

Hello,

I appologize for posting in your topic, but I have a similar question and I thought it would be better to ask for help here. I have an Ideapad 510 with 256 GB SSD and room for another HDD as it comes without an optical drive. I have a caddy instead but I don't know how to connect the HDD. As I can see from the picture that you've attached, I miss the connector. You can see how it looks like from these photos:20170109_075517.jpg20170109_075540.jpg

My question is where can I buy this connector from or how is it called more specifically, so I can look it up on the Internet? Can I attached it simply by inserting the caddy in its place or I have to open the whole bottom of the laptop and attached it from there?

I appreciate any comments and suggestions. Thanks a lot!

Lenovo Technology Partner
Views: 2,115
Message 3 of 4

Hi fiesta1881,

As to my knowledge what your looking for are Ultrabay's, Lenovo has several models of this for other system but I have not tried any of them. I don't recommend just buying the connectors since that may cause some performance issues and data loss. 

Hope this helps with you choice. 

Cheers, 

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudos!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"
fiesta1881
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,095
Message 4 of 4

Thanks Jamdy17, the ultrabays do seem the only choose I have but its strange as this laptop comes with a dummy caddy but no connections. But the review of one on notebookcheck is the same one with the connections so I must be able to buy them somewherecaddy01.jpg

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors