cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Smileykoro
Fanfold Paper
Views: 145
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo ideapad 310 default boot device missing and not accepting any bootable usbs

This is the second time ive been on this forums since my lenovo ideapad 310s hard disk is dying.

It all started as bsod that completely left my windows useless since my hard drive was filled with corrupted sectors so i decided to reinstall windows so i could fix it which i ended up doing and i tried some hard drive diagnostics but instead of booting up into ultimate boot disc, i decided to redownload every lenovo driver which included a new bios update. the bios updated ended up resetting my laptop and install all its shenanigans... and now everytime i boot up my laptop i get a new lenovo logo then it suddenly says checking media in the corner which finally ends up with the default boot device missing error... but now i cant get into the bios settings so i dont know if my laptop is completely bricked or if there is still hope 

CyberSimian
Bit Torrent
Views: 116
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo ideapad 310 default boot device missing and not accepting any bootable usbs

@Smileykoro wrote:

now i cant get into the bios settings

You don't need Windows in order to get into the BIOS. You use the "Novo" button. This button is concealed beneath the casing, and you press it by inserting a straightened paper clip (or similar) into the correct hole in the casing

Look on this web site for the Support page for your laptop, and download the "User Guide" or "Hardware Maintenance Manual". Those will tell you where the hole for the "Novo" button is located. Then:

(1) Start with the laptop powered off.

(2) Press the "Novo" button. The "Novo Button Menu" is displayed.

(3) Use the UP or DOWN keys to move the highlighted line to "BIOS Setup" and then press the ENTER or RETURN key.

(4) Check what disks the BIOS thinks are available. From the description of your symptoms, the HDD may have developed a fault and need replacing.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors