cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Danibeth
Paper Tape
Views: 1,765
Message 1 of 6

Lenovo ideapad 320-15ABR Blue Screen of Death issues while watching movies online

Good afternoon all.  I'm hoping someone here can help me with this.  I bought this Lenovo ideapad 320-15ABR at Thanksgiving and received it at the beginning of December.  I bought it mainly so that I could use Photoshop, Microsoft Office and to watch TV/movies online.  The only things I've installed on this computer since receiving it was the Photoshop 2018 and Avast Antivirus.  I disabled the Windows Defender antivirus and I couldn't find McCaffee anywhere on my computer. 

Anyway, I've used this computer to watch movies a few times now for the last several weekends and at least once during a movie (either through Netflix or Amazon Prime) I will get an error message that reads something along the lines of:  "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart."  Basically the blue screen of death.  It's incredibly frustrating because I've been happy with Lenovo products in the past.  I'm also not a huge fan of Windows 10 and while I don't blame Lenovo for the changes Microsoft keeps making, these new changes coupled with the constant blue screens of death on a brand spanking new computer have made me a very unhappy customer. 

Because of the changes with Windows, I'm not familiar at all with how to troubleshoot this problem (or even where to start) to see if there is something wrong with my laptop hardware or if it's a driver error.  If I can I'd like to try to understand how to find out what the real problem is and what is causing this EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING error. 

I've done some reading online and some places say driver error.  Some places say hardware error.  What can I do to try to figure out what the specific error is that is causing my computer to shut down when I watch movies?  How would I go about it?  I'm not super computer literate as far as how things work and a lot of computer jargon, though I can follow instructions.  I just want to make sure that I have a good set of instructions to follow to try to figure this problem out that I can understand. 

Thank you in advance for any and all help that is given. 

Kirontech
What's DOS?
Views: 1,759
Message 2 of 6

Re: Lenovo ideapad 320-15ABR Blue Screen of Death issues while watching movies online

Reinstall Windows And Install Hotfix update..
JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,745
Message 3 of 6

Re: Lenovo ideapad 320-15ABR Blue Screen of Death issues while watching movies online

The best way to find out locate the C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP file created by the Blue Screen, zip it up and then post it to OneDrive or Dropbox etc, so it can be examined.    It should show what driver etc. is causing the BSOD. 

My guess is that since it occurs while watching videos that it is going to be a display driver issue, so you can try updating that if you want, but the memory dump will show the actual driver.

Good Luck,

Danibeth
Paper Tape
Views: 1,692
Message 4 of 6

JDGillis-

Thank you for your response.  I understand what you mean on locating the file, zipping it up and downloading/uploading to onedrive and posting it there.  I, however, do not know how to do all of that.  I searched for that file, searched online on how to zip the file....right clicking the file...send to compressed folder and i kept getting an error saying that no folder existed.  So I don't know how to do what you ask or i I was even doing it correctly.

I've done searching online to try to figure out how to troubleshoot this myself.  One of the places that offered step by step instruction, with visual aids, told me to use BlueScreenView because I could take a look at minidump files (and I have no clue the difference between minidump files and what you asked for) and see which driver caused the crash.  I followed those instructions that were provided and the column that says which driver caused the crash had this for the driver: ntoskrnl.exe+16c580   .   When I googled that, it came up as a display driver.  I googled how to update the driver and followed those instructions.  The driver says that it has updated but as I type this up, sometimes I'm missing text, it just goes blank and then as I continue typing, the text comes back.  I will try shutting down the computer and restarting it to see if that makes a difference.  But this is not making me feel very confident that my problem has been fixed.  Perhaps even worsened.  Thanks for your help so far and thanks if you can give me more help on this

Danibeth

Vasilis_R
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,660
Message 5 of 6

Avast Antivirus? Ιf you haven't solved maybe this is the problem..I had bad experience from this antivirus twice with blue screen issues since then avast no more. My personal experience maybe just only bad luck.

abimrvl
What's DOS?
Views: 276
Message 6 of 6

Re: Lenovo ideapad 320-15IKB D Blue Screen bedaisy.sys failed

Blue screen containing WINDOWS INSIDER PROGRAM ERROR(bedaisy.sys failed),while i'm opening Fortnite...

Whata I have to do??

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors