Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mango102
Paper Tape
Views: 62,523
Message 1 of 23

Lenovo ideapad 320 battery life

I just bought this laptop today at bestbuy, after reading through it's key specs the battery life says around 3-5hours but soon after charging the laptop to full I am barely getting more than an hour and a half.  Anyone know why? 

CyberSimian
Bit Torrent
Views: 60,596
Message 2 of 23

Re: Lenovo ideapad 320 battery life

@Mango102 wrote:

after reading through it's key specs the battery life says around 3-5hours but soon after charging the laptop to full I am barely getting more than an hour and a half.

Most manufacturers specify values for battery life which are "optimistic".  I would reckon on a 3 hour battery life when performing average tasks.  But battery life will be signifcantly less if you are gaming.

You should probably look at "Task Manager" and "Resource Monitor" to see if your system is busy performing initial Windows 10 setup and housekeeping (e.g. indexing your hard disk).  If you are doing nothing on your system, Windows should eventually quiesce to the point where the CPU usage is circa 1% to 2%.

You may  be able to get a battery life nearer 5 hours by making changes that you would probably consider to be unacceptable, such as:

(1) Reducing screen brightness to the point where it is barely visible.

(2) Reducing CPU speed to the lowest possible speed on your device.

(3) Switching off Bluetooth.

(4) Switching off wi-fi.

(5) Performing only trivial activities (such as a bit of simple file editing).

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

MostafaMahmoud2
Paper Tape
Views: 60,129
Message 3 of 23

Ideapad 320 brand new battery life !!!

Dear All,

My Ideapad battery is not good at all although I just bought the notebook and I'm not playing games .. the initial battery time gives 5 hours the after less than one minute of using it drops to 3 hours then after another minute it drops to 2 hours only !!! I want a solution for this problem urgently I cant use my device in a proper way.

Thank you ,

Mod's Edit: Merged this post with an existing discussion the member has joined in on.  Please do not start multiple posts on the same issue as it only splinters the discussion.

MostafaMahmoud2
Paper Tape
Views: 60,129
Message 4 of 23

I have the same issue ... Although i didnt install any programs yet and i'm not using graphics games or programes yet and the battery is doing the same here !!!!

I wonder if i use all the programes i need and games the battery will give me 5 mintues then ?!!!

We need an urgent solution for this very annoying problem

MostafaMahmoud2
Paper Tape
Views: 60,127
Message 5 of 23

With all the respect to your reply but i didnt pay a lot of money on a notebook to turn off all of "normal" options such as wi-fi

I think there is a problem with the battery in this model and lenovo should fix it as soon as possible

Anonymous_User
Not applicable
Views: 60,122
Message 6 of 23

If you keep your bightness on high, use wifi, bluetooth etc and run high CPU demands your not going to see advertised battery life. Try reducing brightness, and check power management settings to make sure you are on a power saving profile and not high performance. High performance does not allow for as much under clocking of CPU which will kill battery life big time. Let's also reconize while CPU's have gotten more efficient, PC makers have begun to shrink battery capacity as well to reduce weight. I have a 110-15ISK and my battery life is decent at 4 hours with 50% brightness, balanced power settings and using wifi. Obviously a bit less if I watch a video. 

Anonymous_User
Not applicable
Views: 60,106
Message 7 of 23

If you checked out all the settings and still feel the battery life is not what you expect. Then your next step is to contact Lenovo support. Forums are made up of Lenovo product users just like yourself, not Lenovo support. The only way to get official technical support is by contacting them and have them determine what steps to take next. 

MostafaMahmoud2
Paper Tape
Views: 60,100
Message 8 of 23

Thanks a lot Johnny for your support ... The main concept here that i didnt buy a notebook with i7 processor , nvidia graphics card and 8GB of RAM to just surf the internet and watch some videos so that Lenovo must consider that in their battery life and as you said the battery is samll and inside the notebook to reduce the weight of the notebook!!!. I'll contact them for sure.

Thanks a lot

Sahid786
What's DOS?
Views: 58,105
Message 9 of 23

This laptop Battery backup are too much bad approximately 2 hours backup not more than.......plz not buy this laptop plz plz plz

Karnel
What's DOS?
Views: 56,179
Message 10 of 23

Even i have 320E laptop, the betarry life is very poor. it last hardly 1:1/2 hours. is there any way we can upgarde to more volt or watts ?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors