Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Devni
Paper Tape
Views: 2,845
Message 1 of 8

Lenovo ideapad 510-15IKB Camera not working

Hi,

I bought a new Lenovo ideapad 510-15IKB about a month ago. It has windows 10. When I click on camera app it says "we can't find your camera. Check to be sure it's connected and installed properly, that it isn't being blocked by antivirus software, and that your camera drivers are up-to-date. If you need it, here's the error code: 0xA00F4244(0xC00D36D5).

I have first disabled my antivirus and tried, but that didn't work. 

'

I checked device manager and there I couldn't see "Imaging devices" under which camera should show up as far as I know.

Then I installed the camera driver here[1] and restarted the laptop but still camera app wouldn't work and camera wasn't there under device manager.

Any help to get this issue resolved would be appreciated.

[1] http://pcsupport.lenovo.com/lk/en/products/Laptops-and-netbooks/500-Series/510-15IKB/downloads

Thanks,

Devni

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 2,706
Message 2 of 8
Moved:

Miix 700 - Camera not working

.... Moved this post to the Lenovo Miix, Windows Based, Tablet forum

Devni
Paper Tape
Views: 2,636
Message 3 of 8

Re: Lenovo ideapad 510-15IKB Camera not working

Bump!

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Devni

marius2du
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,631
Message 4 of 8

I have the same issue. The system is up-to-date.

CyberSimian
Bit Torrent
Views: 2,625
Message 5 of 8

@Devni wrote:

When I click on camera app it says "we can't find your camera.

I don't know the cause of your problem, but here are some suggestions:

(1) Make sure that you have installed any driver updates from the Lenovo website.  The "Lenovo Companion" application will do this for you.  Start the application and select "Check for updates".  It is possible that a back-level motherboard driver is preventing the camera being detected.

(2) Your motherboard and processor are Intel based, so after installing drivers from the Lenovo website, go to the Intel website and download the Intel scanner application, install it, and run it.  It will scan your system for Intel devices, and recommend drivers for the various Intel devices that it finds.

(3) I have the Ideapad 500-15ISK (the model that preceded yours), and it has an Intel "Real Sense" camera, which (of course) uses Intel drivers.  I notice that the camera driver package that you downloaded from Lenovo is for Realtek, Sunplus, and Sonix.  That may be correct, but if your laptop actually has an Intel camera, the Intel scanner should find it.

(4) If the camera appears in "Device Manager", but it still does not work with the camera application, check the "Privacy" section of Windows "Settings" to ensure that the application that you are trying to use is allowed to access the camera device.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

marius2du
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,587
Message 6 of 8

After installing Intel Driver Update Utility, I received couple of updates and the Camera was fixed. 

Despite the fact that Lenovo Companion has reported that the system is up to date.

AmitRai1
Paper Tape
Views: 703
Message 7 of 8

Re: Lenovo ideapad 500 15ISK Camera not working

unable to open camera on lenovo ideapad 500 15isk model with error "We cant find or cant start your camera including error codes 0xA00F4244<NoCamerasAreAttached>"

any help plz..your help is appreciated..plz rply asap...

AmitRai1
Paper Tape
Views: 649
Message 8 of 8

Re: Lenovo ideapad 500-15ISK Camera not working

Screenshot (14).png  any help plz..

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors