Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dkontoudis
Paper Tape
Views: 332
Message 21 of 35

Re: Lenovo ideapad 700-15ISK HINGE

Exactly the same thing happened to me. 
I am very satisfied with the laptop but out of the blue on my desk while i was trying to open the screen, the bottom of the plastic cover opened and 3 screws fell down. Then I saw that the right hinge is broken. 
I communicated with the service department and they asked me to send photos (the ones i attach here). They answered me that this repair is outside of warranty.

20181009_130418.jpg20181009_130424.jpg20181009_130330.jpg

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 313
Message 22 of 35

Hi Dkontoudis! Welcome to our forums community. You may want to read the warranty coverage here: https://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/pccbbs/thinkcentre_pdf/l505-0010-02_en.pdf?CID=ww:lenovosoc.... What we can do is to provide you the part number needed for the repair so you can buy the part online or any local store and have a local tech install the part for you. This will greatly reduce your repair expense. For us to get the part number for you, would you be able to send it to us the serial number via private message?

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

dkontoudis
Paper Tape
Views: 281
Message 23 of 35

I am really disappointed that Lenovo is considering this faulty hinge problem as being me misusing my laptop. I really thought that this was a serious company considering after sales service.

Can you please show me how to send a private message with my serial number in order to send me the part number?
abhishek2271
Paper Tape
Views: 280
Message 24 of 35

Yeah, I think the hinge is not covered by warranty. Since many of the customers are having the same problem Lenovo should seriously consider this. I had another Lenovo ultrabook and had the same problem.

Anyway, you can view the device serial number in the "Lenovo Account" app. If you don't have the app already, download the app from the store and after signing in, it should show you your device serial nummer.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 250
Message 25 of 35

Hi Dkontoudis! I was able to receive your private message. Base on the picture, you might be needing the following parts: hinge(5H50K85932) and LCD cover(5CB0K85901). Should you need to replace the LCD bezel, here is the part number: 5B30K85934. Hope that helps.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

trsid
What's DOS?
Views: 209
Message 26 of 35

Absolutely absurd. It is obviously a design issue, its very clear that the hinge is not designed to last more than a year. I only had a 1 year warranty and although my hinge started getting tigher after the first 6 months or so, I never got time to send it for a warranty repair. FML, it broke on me the next week after the warranty expired. I ordered the lid and the hinge on ebay. Replaced both. Additionaly, I sprayed WD40 on the new one so that it lasts. 8 months after, THE SAME **bleep** ISSUE. My hinge broke the lid last night. I spent $100 last time, and I am not spending the same on this piece of garbage.

El1sa
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 93
Message 27 of 35

Yup, mine went too although it seems I was lucky in that it took 18 months to break.

Just hoping that by keeping this thread going it will either encorouge Lenovo to fix those that are still in warranty OR discourage others from buying Lenovo.

Incidentally, I've done a quick search for the hinges and they cost in the region of £55 (about €60 or $65 - very approximate). If the screen bezal is broken too then you're looking at a new lid which costs around £65. 

El1sa
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 77
Message 28 of 35

Just to add - I now need a new screen too as the bezal has damaged it.

The total to get this repaired (parts only) is now £160 or so. It's an otherwise great laptop so I would normally do this without hesitation. However, if this is a design flaw, which it appears to be, then am I going to have the same problem shortly after it's been repaired? Therefore, it no longer seems worthwhile Smiley Sad  

Rehman5000
What's DOS?
Views: 69
Message 29 of 35

Hi El1sa,

What we did for our Y700 was, soon after the repairs, we got them to loosen the hinges (to looser than the usual laptop lid tightness). It ensures that this doesn't happen again.

We have two 17" Y700s and loosend both (before the 2nd broke).

Best wishes from Colombo.

El1sa
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 58
Message 30 of 35

Thank you - that's really appreciated.

I'm ok at following a video on how to change parts but if something doesn't quite go to plan, I then need to look at getting a professional repair. If so, the repair costs for parts and labour would be at least £250 (and that's assumiing labour is £80 - it's likely to be a lot higher).

I'll have a ring around to check and will take it from there.  Alternatively, I could sell the laptop for around £200 - £250) it's probably worth between £400-£450) and get a new, non-Lenovo laptop.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors