Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rehman5000
What's DOS?
Views: 108
Message 31 of 35

Re: Lenovo ideapad 700-15ISK HINGE

If you feel the laptop is really good, you might want to consider fixing. For us here in Sri Lanka, it costed LKR 12,000 (about £51) for both labour and parts. It is high for a fix, but **bleep** not as much as what you're facing.

I might suggest against fixing on your own, as it have some pretty delicate parts inside. And a simple mistake could damage the LCD panel and/or hinge base. I'm not too sure how badly yours is damaged, but you get the idea.

I wish you all the best.

P.s. A big bloody BOO HOO to lenovo for keeping shut on this issue when so many of your local customers had to suffer because of your defects.

El1sa
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 100
Message 32 of 35

Thank you 

Rehman5000
What's DOS?
Views: 95
Message 33 of 35

Loosening the hinge is definitely THE solution. The issue with these laptops is that the hinges tighten themselves over time, not a weak hinige. We almost had to pry the laptop lid open for our Y700 that broke. If you're repairing the hinges/screen, it is absolutely a must to loosen the hinge (even to a slightly looser state than required), else you'll end up with the same issue. At least that is what we experienced on both our 17" Y700s.

johnsmithski
What's DOS?
Views: 45
Message 34 of 35

OK, so I've searched through the web and found out that ALMOST ALL of the chinese Lenovo sh*tpads have the same issue. Every time the chinese hinge needs loosening and lubing or it will break the chinese nuts. I've dissasebled mine and glued back chinese nuts holders, I also loosened both chinese hinges and lubed them. This is a temporary alternative to replacing the backchinese cover I'll have to pay for as Chinese Lenovo will not replace it under the chinese warranty (why would they care for their customer). So it's an easy and somewhat cheap fix (covers are around 20 usd new on Ebay), what makes me angry even more at that pitiful chinese manufacturer (or should I say chinese assembler as they don't produce anything really). Seems like Lenovo is the chinese word for quality.

El1sa
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 33
Message 35 of 35

I had to fudge it as well. Using loads of lubricant on the hinges, I loosened the nut (perhaps a little too much) and have kind of affixed the lid so it doesn't slip off the hinge using just normal tape. I don't trust my handiwork enough to shut the lid though but my lid is no longer precariously balanced on top of a flat, stuck hinge.

My advice to anyone who hasn't had this problem (hoping that you'll stumble across this thread) is to prevent it by removing the lid using a simple youtube video, lubricate and slightly loosen the hinge as soon as possible.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors