Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sjns95
Blue Screen Again
Views: 450
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo ideapad 700 15ISK black screen after BIOS update

Hi everyone,

I have this Ideapad 700 15ISK for a year and half now. The laptop started giving a random shut down issue 3 months back, after trying every possible solutions from the internet, none of them worked out. Someone suggested me to update the BIOS so I downloaded the BIOS for this model from the Lenovo support page. The update process went all fine from what I saw and the system tried to reboot but it's now stuck at the black screen only, the screen is however turned on but nothing shows up. The Lenovo logo does not appear and I can't access the BIOS settings either... None of the function keys seem to get me to the BIOS settings, even tried the NOVO key but still no luck. I read around that resetting the CMOS battery settings might solve the problem but I'm not sure about this am afraid of damaging the internal parts. Is there any ways I can solve this issue?

Charles1231
802.11n
Views: 407
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo ideapad 700 15ISK black screen after BIOS update

When your BIOS does not work properly, the only way to fix would be:

1. Bring it to the Lenovo Service Center. This is the safest.

or...

2. If your motherboard supports it, you may install your BIOS through the Flash Drive. I have no knowledge about this procedure, but there is somehow a way. Try searching that in the web, and yeah do it at your own risk.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors