Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
coult
Paper Tape
Views: 1,419
Message 1 of 5

Lenovo ideapad 700-15ISK fan noise problem

I have read older topics enough but haven't found a solution.

Laptop is very quiet in idle mode but every time when I use browser (Firefox) and open a new tab the CPU fan starts spinning which is very annoying. I'm using Windows 10 and I have turned Windows Defender off. Also I flashed the latest BIOS (E5CN58WW) but so far nothing changed. Temps are around 35 while I post this but seems that SpeedFan can't control the fan. Only thing I noticed that when I open a new page / tab, CPU usage increases from 4 % to over 50 % depending on the page.

Please, is there any solution for this?

spayk
Paper Tape
Views: 1,308
Message 2 of 5

Re: Lenovo ideapad 700-15ISK fan noise problem

I am afraid you can't do anything with this, Foreign laptop support nor my native lenovo support couldn't help it... In my topic I described what I did and what I could do using software methods - nothing helped... Gonna send it to the service now and wait for their statement...

idepad710s-user
Paper Tape
Views: 1,232
Message 3 of 5

DId you get any feedback?
I've had my Ideapad 710s for two days and I am already desperate, so considering to send it back already....

spayk
Paper Tape
Views: 1,217
Message 4 of 5

I just sent it yesterday with massive amounts of problems. Well you can send it back and request your money. idk how can I help you, but once you "unmount" the laptop you will lose the guarantee. So there is only a way to send it back to the service and wait around 1 month to get it solved or not ;/
Gruffmeister
Paper Tape
Views: 1,197
Message 5 of 5

It's just poor design.In order to make the unit slim,the CPU has inadequate cooling. 

My solution is to sit the laptop on a cooling mat like this one 

Sure the fans will spin on the mat,but they stay at a constant speed,which is less likely to drive you MAD as the noise of the internal laptop cpu fan spinning up and down like crazy is drowned out by the mat fans.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors