Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LenovoUser39
Paper Tape
Views: 461
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo ideapad 700-15ISK keyboard not working after spilling water

Hi everyone,

I spilled water over my laptop about one week ago. At first, the keyboard was working perfectly, but the next day, some keys were connected (when pressing one, it would display 2 characteres). After some time, those keys that were connected, stopped working at all. It hasn't changed since then. 

I am living in USA but my laptop was bought in Spain (it has spanish keyboard), and Lenovo US told me that they can't fix it here, I would have to send it to Spain, which is really expensive. 

Is there any other way to fix it? I read online that water can't damage the keyboard, but it has been broken for 1 week, so I don't know if I have been unlucky. Also, the laptop works perfectly with an USB keyboard.

Thanks.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 459
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo ideapad 700-15ISK keyboard not working after spilling water

Water can certainly damage the keyboard.  There are 2 layers of conductive film and water gets inside.  That seems crazy that they cannot get a Spanish keyboard in the U.S.  I would try to get a second opinion.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
LenovoUser39
Paper Tape
Views: 411
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo ideapad 700-15ISK keyboard not working after spilling water

I called Lenovo support twice. They say they can't change the keyboard because I bought my laptop in Spain. I took my laptop to a local computer repair shop, and they say they can't change it because they can't get a keyboard for my laptop (even in english configuration). The only solution that Lenovo gives me is to send my laptop to Spain, fix it there, and send it back, which is ridiculous.

The conclusion is that I have a less than one year old Lenovo laptop, but useless since I can't fix something as simple as the keyboard. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors