Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMcAlpine
Paper Tape
Views: 97
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo ideapad 710S windows updated now not working

My Lenovo Ideapad did an update today as I was shutting it down. I went to go start it up and it asked me to select my keyboard option (I thought it was weird but didnt think much of it), it then came up with the screen below. I don't know what has happened and I have tried restoring to a previous version etc and nothing works. It just says that there are no files to be found. Please help me as I have very important documents on this laptop that I desperately need and can't afford to lose. I have considered making a USB that I can plug into the laptop and changing the BIOS to load Windows off the USB but I'm not sure if this will allow me to access the files on my computer and allow me to copy them onto a hard drive. Please give me recommendations that won't result in me losing all my documents. I am at my wits ends..WIN_20190424_20_17_21_Pro.jpgWIN_20190424_20_17_30_Pro.jpgWIN_20190424_20_17_43_Pro.jpg

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 52
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo ideapad 710S windows updated now not working

Hi JMcAlpine! Welcome to our forums community. Try booting to BIOS and check if the JHDD is still detected under the Information tab. The instruction is here: https://support.lenovo.com/jp/en/solutions/ht500216. If yes, reset the BIOS settings: Once you are in the BIOS page, go to the Exit Tab > Choose Load default settings > Hit the Enter Key > Choose Yes. After that, still in the Exit Tab > Choose Exit saving changes, the laptop will restart and check if the issue persist. If the issue is still present, we suggest you to get in touch with a local tech to assist you in backing up your files before proceeding with the factory reset.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors