Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tomer2
Fanfold Paper
Views: 758
Message 1 of 6

Lenovo ideapad Flex 5 1570 - fingerprint reader stopped working

Hi,
I have never had any problems with fingerprint reader before.
Recently I've installed ubuntu OS on dual boot on my Lenovo FLEX 5 - 1570 - 80XB.
To do so I had to enable AHCI through my BIOS.
A few days later I noticed that the fingerprint option has gone from the login screen on startup.
I have no idea if the two are related since i did not notice it immediately, but I do think that this may happened due to the dual boot installation.
I am currently running Windows 10 version 1803 as my main OS.
I looked for the Biometric device in Device Manager and noticed the following error:

"Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. (Code 45)
To fix this problem, reconnect this hardware device to the computer."

My laptop did not take any damage, and I did not touch the internal hardware whatsoever , thus I see no reason why wouldthe fingerprint reader device disconnect .
Current Driver version is 5.5.2613.1050 and listed as installed at 08/06/2017.

I would really appreciate any help -

Thank you.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 728
Message 2 of 6

Re: Lenovo ideapad Flex 5 1570 - fingerprint reader stopped working

Hi Tomer2,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Right now we cannot determine if by doing dual boot on your laptop causes the fingerprint scanner not to function properly. In order to isolate the issue I would recommend to revert back any changes made on the laptop. Check if you can also perform a System Restore to a certain date prior to this issue. 

You may also uninstall the fingerprint driver from the device manager and make sure that you check the option that says "Delete driver data". Just download the driver from our support website again using the link below.

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/LAPTOPS-AND-NETBOOKS/FLEX-SERIES/FLEX-5-1570/downloads/D...

Update us how it goes.

Regards,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Tomer2
Fanfold Paper
Views: 703
Message 3 of 6

Well , since I really do need to use my dual boot I would rather try and reinstalling my drivers-

plus, I'm 99% sure the problem started after I installed ubuntu OS .

(maybe the process of partitioning my SSD drive - though i used windows for it , or enabling AHCI has to do something with it . I've also disabled Secure boot and fast boot for the install – although I've already enabled them again)

As for reinstalling my drivers first of all - the biometric device does not appear in my device manager .

I have to enable the option 'Show hidden devices' .

After enabling it I do see the device , and  uninstalled it and the drivers.

When downloading the drivers and trying to install it , the files install location is c :\drivers\FingerPrinter.

I don't think that it the proper location for the fingerprint reader drivers , since the current drivers location is :

c :\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\UMDF\synaWudfBioUsb.dll

c :\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\winsub.sys

c :\WINDOWS\system32\WinBioPlugins\SynaAdvAdapter.dll

c :\WINDOWS\system32\WudfUpdate_01011.dll

I did try to install them to the first location (c :\drivers\FingerPrinter) and it didn't work since I haven't seen the device in the device manager.

What is the proper way for installing them?

And does the full package to reinstall the drivers only weight 4MB ?

Thank you for your comment.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 696
Message 4 of 6

Hi! Could you try BIOS reset. Once you are in the BIOS page, go to the Exit Tab > Choose Load default settings > Hit the Enter Key > Choose Yes. After that, still in the Exit Tab > Choose Exit saving changes. Update us with the result. John_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

CATraylor
What's DOS?
Views: 661
Message 5 of 6

I was working on my Flex 5 1570, 81CA. I closed it and about 10 minutes latter I opennd it again. It would not recognize my finger print or pin number. I can not remember my pass word but there does not seem to any way of changing my password. I seem to be in a catch -22. 

I need my password to get in, but I have to get in to change my password.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 653
Message 6 of 6

Hi @CATraylor !

Welcome to the Community,

Sign in option is the alternative way that we can login to your laptop using your Microsoft account, if ever other sign in option such as Fingerprint is not working. If you forgot the password for the account, you can still reset it using other computer,

https://account.live.com/password/reset

Regards,

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors